There is an old saying, “the more things change, the more it remains the same.” It is certainly proved in the pandemic crisis.
As the working environment has changed due to the COVID 19 impact, the employees find it hard to get back their motivation. You must take this opportunity to do a better job of motivating your employees.
It is very important that you make your employees feel that they are part of the organization. Perhaps the following steps are the pivotal factors that improve the employee’s and employers’ engagement.
- Create a sense of belonging.
- Enabling teamwork.
- Reward good work.
- Appreciate their hard work.
- Give employees the freedom to make decisions.
All these actions help employers to build engagement with the employees. We have seen that every organization has its own definition of engagement. However, our experience tells us that the best way to motivate your employees is to engage with them at every level.
Ways To Motivate Your Employees In A Post-Pandemic World
Whether your employees are working remotely, working in different shifts, taking up new responsibilities, or doing just a part-time job, it is important for them to understand their job roles, and they need to enjoy their job.
Here are a few suggestions that might help you motivate your employees post-pandemic.
1. Create A Sense Of Belonging
Your employees will feel motivated if they think that they’re being welcomed in your organization.
- Communicate: Communication is the key. While researching, we came across leading organizations that have a COVID 19 task force. And their only job is to communicate with the employees and share their feelings. By doing this, you show value and empathy for them.
- Solicit Ideas: Being an employer, most people think that they know everything. However, that is not the case. Ask your employees for suggestions. This will make them happy and feel motivated that their suggestions are being considered while making decisions.
2. Recognize And Award Good Work
COVID 19 has shown us that some of the employees are extraordinary when it comes down to work. Make sure you encourage those people by rewarding them. Rewards can be anything. You can give them glass awards with title, promotion, or even just a public appreciation.
Management should take care of the employees who look promising and work hard for the organization.
3. Show Employees That They Are Needed
Employees feel motivated when they find their work is being appreciated. Hence, you must:
- Share Success Stories: Companies all around the world are suffering from out of businesses scenarios. Hence, share the events that were in favor of motivating your employees.
- Help Employees To Cope: Everyone is stressed with the COVID 19. If possible, dedicate a team to help the employees ease out their stress. For instance, hold events that help employees feel refreshed.
4. Give Employees Authority To Make Decision
You can further boost your employee morale by giving the authorities to make certain decisions. This shows that they trust them and their decision. This will motivate them to work even better for the organization.
The world is in flux, and it will be hard to control every action of the employees. Giving this authority to the employees itself will make it easier for you to control them.
This action will help other employees feel encouraged that their hard work will eventually pay off and push themselves to work even better.
If we see all these actions collectively, you will find that these actions will help you take your organization a long way. In fact, it will boost employees’ morale and trust in the organization.
The context of employee engagement and keeping your employees motivated has changed quite a bit, especially amidst pandemic. However, opportunity and importance remain the same.