Not all laptops are the same and every profession demands different types of laptops. The best laptops for lawyers are those which don’t lag every time, especially during research and analysis. Before buying any laptop, the most important factor to consider is performance. The processor of a laptop decides how it is going to manage the high-end software and modeling applications that you will be loading in the system. Another important factor is storage, you’ll need to store a lot of files and data of your clients, and for sure you don’t want to compromise on storage. Laptops with normal drives perform slower than those with SSD drive storages. Also, battery life can affect you. For instance, you’re doing important research and suddenly the system shuts down because of low battery. Would you like that? Well, no one likes that. In this article we have mentioned the best laptops for lawyers, considering all these things. Make sure you read the full article just to have more options.
- Dell XPS 9570: With the 8th Generation Intel Core i-8750H Processor, this laptop can perform way faster than most of the laptops. It has 16GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage which is enough to save a ton of files, the system doesn’t hang even if you run a few high-end software at a time. Also, the laptop comes with FHD 1920 x 1080 display with large pixel density which can give you great visuals while reading. It also has an inbuilt Performance enhancing cooling system.
- ASUS N580VD-DB74T VivoBook Pro: Looking for a strong laptop? Then, this one is for you. Its brushed metal lid protects the laptop from scratches and damage. It also has a fingerprint sensor, and to enhance the security, even more, it has the Windows Hello enhance feature. The 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core processor can easily handle multitasking without even lagging once. Just like Dell XPS 9570, it has 16 GB RAM and 512 GB of storage.
- Asus ROG STRIX: Looking for a durable laptop? The keyboard of this laptop has 4 zones of lighting control and it can handle up to 20-million keystroke. If you’re someone who writes a lot of research paper or legal reports, this laptop won’t disappoint you and with 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ, it can handle all your high-end software and can give you a smooth experience. It has 16GB of RAM and 1TB of storage which is enough to store all your data. It has an inbuilt cooling system.
- Apple 13 Inch MacBook Air: Its Intel i5 Core processor with turbo boost can handle a lot of software at the same time. It comes with 8GB of RAM but is upgradable to 16GB. With 12 hours of battery, you need not to worry about finding your charger every now and then. It has 256GB of storage, which is enough to store your data, research reports and a lot more. Though, if you have a lot of photos or videos, you might need an external hard disk.
- Asus VivoBook 15 X510UQ: The Intel Core i7-7500U processor can easily handle all the software you need and can give faster loading time. It has 8GB of RAM which will help your system run faster and smoother. Because of the dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, you can enjoy the internet speed up to 867 Mbps. The 940MX graphics and the viewing angle (up to 178 degrees) give incomparable visuals. The only thing people don’t like about this laptop is, it doesn’t have a caps/num lock indicator, which I think doesn’t matter much until it is giving a great performance.
- Microsoft Surface Laptop: Its Intel Core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM, can deliver the best experience. As it is a Microsoft laptop, it is packed with all the Microsoft products such as Windows and office. It has a high-resolution screen and a long battery life. It is very light (2.8 pounds) and will be very beneficial if you need to carry your laptop to every place you go to. The only thing people don’t like about this laptop is it doesn’t have enough connectivity ports.
- HP Pavilion 2018: Unlike most of the laptops it comes with AMD Dual-Core A6-9225 APU processor which is extremely fast. It also has a stylish keyboard and touchpad. It has a variety of options to choose from. You can choose RAM memory as well as storage according to your needs. You can choose between 4GB and 8GB of RAM and storage between 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. Also, you can choose the SSD drive between 128GB, 256GB, and 1TB.
The best laptop for you will be the one which has all the features you need as it varies from person to person. You need a good laptop to store all your files and that too without worrying about storage and also you must ensure that the laptop doesn’t slow down while operating. Though no laptop is perfect, this article will help you find your next best laptop.