Quickbooks is among the best accounting software because of its user-friendly interface and features. the application can be used for all accounting activities including maintaining spreadsheets, account sheets, tax filing and expense sheets. To use the application, you need to download and install it on the system. Also, you will have to activate it on the system to use the application. Being software, it is quite common to encounter issues with this application. One such issue that you can face while registering the application is the Quickbooks license error. The error generally occurs when the Quickbooks entitlement data file gets corrupted or damaged on the system. Fortunately, the error can be resolved easily if you follow the appropriate procedure. If you are not aware of how to get rid of the license error, here’s what you can do.
Introduction to Quickbooks License Error
Quickbooks license error generally occurs when the entitlement file present on your system gets corrupted. This is because this file contains all the information concerning your registration of the Quickbooks application. The error can also occur when you attempt to clone your Quickbooks application to another system or account. When the issue occurs, all the application related products may no more work on your system. There are other reasons as well which can lead to the error. We have explained those in the next section of the article.
What Leads to Quickbooks License Error
Here are all the reasons for which the Quickbooks license error after clone may occur on your system.
- The dat file or MSMXL file is not present in the system.
- You are using an outdated version of the Quickbooks application.
- In case the Windows operating system needs an update
- You have not saved the QBO file before importing.
- Malware attack on your system is one of the common reasons for which the error can occur.
Quick Steps to Resolve Quickbooks License Error
Before proceeding with the advanced methods, the method that you can use to fix the issue is to delete the entitlement file from your system. Deleting the file can also help you get rid of the following issues:
- In case the edit list is not present in the company window.
- Quickbooks has re-configured the issues
- The message states that the user will have to subscribe to the file copy service.
- You need to register on the application to use the online banking feature.
Advanced Fixes for Quickbooks License Error
Here are all the methods that you will have to follow to fix the Quickbooks license error after clone. Ensure you follow all the steps in the same sequence as mentioned to avoid any issues.
Fix 1: Update the Operating System
- To begin with, hover to the search icon present at the bottom of the screen.
- There, you will have to tap on the select update option.
- Now, from the list of all the options available, choose the option for a system update.
- From the options appearing on the screen, tap on the check for updates option.
- Next, if you see any new updates, you will have to click on the install updates option.
- When done, you will have to start your system again.
- Once the installation is complete, start Quickbooks and then register on the application.
Fix 2: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- For this, you will have to open the official Intuit website and then download the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- After this, you will have to save the file and then tap on it. Start the file on the system.
- When done, you will have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation.
- Now, you will have to start the tool on the system. In the tool window, you will have to choose the file that you wish to check.
- From the options, choose the option to check file damage only.
- When done, you will have to choose the option according to the type of error that you have encountered.
- Next, tap on the scan option and then check if the error is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Install Quickbooks Application Again
- To begin with, uninstall the Quickbooks application from your system.
- Now, you will have to change the name of the folder containing all the system files.
- When done, you will have to download the application from the official Intuit website.
- Also, you will have to select the correct Quickbooks version that you wish to use.
- When done, follow all the instructions and install the Quickbooks application.
- Start the Quickbooks application and then use then activate it.
Fix 4: Use Install Diagnostic Tool
- To begin with, download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to install the tool on your system.
- For this, agree to the terms and conditions appearing on the screen.
- Also, follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- When done, you will have to tap on the icon and then start the tool.
- Now, in the tool window, you will have to tap on the installation tab.
- Click on the option for Quickbooks install the diagnostic tool.
- Wait for it to scan your system.
For more article visit: Business
Quickbooks license error is a critical and rare error that one can face while installing Quickbooks. With all the steps mentioned, you will be able to resolve the issue easily. We hope that this article has helped you.