Since the invention of the modern air-conditioner in 1902, people couldn’t get enough of the appliance. The cooling system even survived the CFC scare in the 70s before the chemicals were finally banned.
Considering the popularity of AC use, it is expected that some of these would need maintenance checks sometimes. This is when people would start searching for air conditioning repair phoenix az for instance.
How Popular are Air Conditioners?
Based on a report from Statista, the sales of air conditioners are increasing each year. In 2018, China posted the highest demand at 44.63 million units. This shows an increase of 12 percent from 2012’s 39.84 million.
Other Asian countries followed with a demand of 17.82 million units during the said year. Meanwhile, North America was in the third spot with 15.59 million.
What are the Benefits of AC Units?
Having an air conditioning unit running inside your home or office gives many benefits. Among them are the following:
- It makes you more comfortable, especially when the weather is hot.
- It helps you rest well since you can set it at a temperature you are most comfortable.
- It improves your productivity and performance at work because of the conducive room temperature.
- It reduces your risk of becoming dehydrated since you are sweating less.
- It avoids parasites and insects because these organisms are less likely to thrive in a cold environment.
- It helps keep your office or home free from potential allergens.
With the many benefits that an AC offers, it’s now time to check for air conditioning repair phoenix az and get that unit running well again.
What is the Ideal Size of an AC?
When planning to buy a new air conditioning unit, you need to consider several things.
As a cooling appliance, there are numerous things to understand about an air conditioning unit. These concerns range from its size, capacity, and how it works to why it breaks down at times.
To know the ideal AC unit that you should buy, you can consider the following recommendations:
- If your room size is between 10 and 20 square meters, you can check the available units with a capacity of 2.8 kW.
- For a room that is more than 20 square meters but less than 40 square meters, go for the AC unit with 4.2 kW capacity.
- If your room is big, around 60 square or not smaller than 40 square meters, purchase the one with 5.6 kW capacity.
When choosing the right size of an air conditioning unit, remember that you need at least one kW for every 10 square meters of an area.
Which is Better, Split Type, or Window Type AC?
Another common concern when choosing an AC is the type. Would it be better to get the split type or the window type?
If your consideration is more of its aesthetic appeal and a unit that makes less noise, go for the split type. On the other hand, opt for the window type AC if you want the ease in installation.
Overall, one primary consideration in choosing the right air conditioning unit for your home or office is the energy efficiency ratio (EER). The higher the EER, the more energy-efficient it is.