Nine years ago, the first Bitcoin transaction for a consumer product took place where a Florida man spent 10 000 bitcoins on two pizzas. Ever since then, bitcoin fans from around the world have celebrated Bitcoin Pizza Day. This was to mark the fact that since that day, the said transaction represented a leap for bitcoin adoption.
Laszlo Hanyecz was using his personal PC to maintain the BTC network. At that time, BTC was worth less than a penny so when he was rewarded with bitcoin, he was unsure what to do with it. He used an online chat forum to find out who would be willing to buy pizzas for him in exchange for then 10 000 bitcoins. Someone agreed and he got 2 pizzas in return.
Today, buying pizzas with bitcoin is not a farfetched idea however, it was a big step at that time because no other merchant was accepting cryptocurrencies as payment for goods or services. Nine months later, the bitcoin was valued in US dollars totalling 10 000 for two pizzas. On the fifth anniversary of pizza day, these two pizzas were valued at $2.4 million.
Last week, Bitcoin went above and beyond the $8000 mark for the first time this year. However, even today bitcoin struggles to make it in mainstream with so much negative news that is damaging its reputation and credibility.
How to buy BTC
You can purchase BTC with credit card using BUY Bank online or in their office. They offer a fast, easy and profitable way to buy bitcoin. You can choose between Hryvnia or Dollar and it will be easy and convenient. To buy bitcoin with a card, you will need to:
- Set the direction of the exchange to UAH-BTC or USD-BTC
- Enter the details of your bitcoin wallet
- Verify your information and then click “buy”
- Once your payment has been received, you will receive the bitcoin transfer
You will not need a bitcoin account before transacting however you will need a bitcoin wallet. They operate much like a bank account, but the difference is that you will be responsible for the security of your bitcoin instead of the bank.
How to buy BTC for UAH or USD
You will need to follow the following steps if you want to buy bitcoin:
- At the self-help terminal, select the desired exchange direction, whether (UAH-BTC or USD-BTC)
- Enter the details of your bitcoin wallet and your cellular number. You will not need to provide any more information or documents.
- Once you have reviewed the rules you may select “buy”. Your request will be created, and the rate is fixed for the next 30 minutes.
- The order is then printed, and the amount must be paid at the office.
- Your payment will be confirmed once the information is captured manually. The bitcoin is then transferred to your bitcoin wallet.
Buying bitcoin is quick and easy, so anyone who wants to buy bitcoin, can do so.