Hiring some form of company secretarial services while also ensuring that they are up-to-date with current rules, regulations and basic organization functionality is an effective solution to maintain your business operations in a smooth manner. Apart from managing all regulatory obligations, a company secretary is also responsible to register company heads, organize and effectively manage overall company accounts, provide smooth communication and flow of events between all hierarchy’s within a company.
Depending on your type of business and domain of expertise, a relevant company secretary must be hired. Abiding by this rule provides a helping hand in almost all business operations, including all administrative operations. If an unsuitable and inexperienced individual is hired for this position, it can lead to the downfall of the organization’s growth, while also negatively affecting the careers of other employees in the process. But if you hire the right candidate you can expect to dodge dozens of legal consequences that each organization has to face at some point on their course. Keep reading to know more about the 5 important points to consider while hiring company secretary services –
1. Reliability – As long as the candidate you hire possesses the skills and attributes to furnish a team of administration-focused employees, you can go about working on the growth of your company without focusing on mundane yet necessary activities. These individuals can advocate you in all matters related to legal and financial decisions while ensuring all your requirements are taken care of. All this when combined together, gifts a business owner with a secretarial team that comes with exceptional reliability.
These employees gather feedback from clients and collaborators to provide you with insights on how business working pipelines that have been adopted can be substantially improved as per client needs. Some company secretarial service and outside general counsel services providers take the extra effort to curate personalized solutions for your business strategies and requirements.
2. Offer a range of services – If you look hard enough, you will stumble across company secretary service providers that not only provide secretary services but also an array of diverse services. Some of these additional services include payroll management, staff management, accounts management, etc. This proves to be a bank for the buck kind of situation as you can outsource several services at the cost of just one
This not only helps your service providers in expanding and sharpening their company management skills but also allows the business to have a consistent working style and working culture in all departments.
3. Value for money – When you are signing the deal to hire such company secretarial services, you must negotiate on either the cost or the diversity of the range of services that they offer include. Ideally, this proves as a perfect time for negotiation and you can ensure you get great value for your money. If you are not satisfied, simply compare costs with your current offer’s fellow competitors.
As everyone is looking to pocket multiple clients, the chances are that the competitor would offer you something more at the same cost. For example, additional company incorporation services, equity management services, and MA (Merger and Acquisition) services.
4. Licensed services come with proven results – Make sure your secretary service provider is licensed, as licensed organizations have passed mandatory tests and naturally abide by all regulations that other established company secretary providing companies do.
You can check their website or inquire with your state’s department that keeps track of all such services. This is where you can usually find their official company license. Also, the probability is high that a licensed firm would have a team of skilled experts with an effective problem-solving thought process and point-on communication for top-notch management of the company’s activities.
5. Offer consistency – Even a minor lapse in administrative processes can disrupt the workflow of all departments within an organization. When you have hired a highly qualified staff, the odds of these minor lapses occurring in all your administrative requirements can drastically reduce. Businesses can expect lower instances where their monthly, quarterly or yearly plans are affected due to administration mismanagement, as this is a common issue in thousands of organizations worldwide.
Unnecessary costs with respect to delayed submission of legal documents, non-compliance of company rules and regulations or even late payment and filing of taxes can all be avoided by hiring a reputable company secretary firm. Another issue can be eradicated for the greater good. This is the generation of faulty and inaccurate reports that put into jeopardy all of the efforts made by every single department within an organization.
If you are a business owner, whether small scale or large scale, at some point during the lifetime of your organization you will find yourself searching for highly qualified and proven company secretarial service providers. Once you have filled in this position, you can focus more on executing strategies, expanding, adopting new working methodologies and unleashing effective steps towards insights generated by your RD (Research Development) team.