Hair problems have become common in both men and women. The changing weather conditions, increasing humidity and pollution leave harmful effects on our scalp and hair ends. Chemically formulated shampoos, conditioners and hair masks worsen the infirmity. Nonetheless, there are ways to combat these problems and protect hair from all external damage. Incorporate a natural hair oil into the regular hair care regime to see a visible difference in hairfall. Yes, the goodness of Ayurvedic herbs is now available in packed bottles of hair oils sold by reliable beauty brands. All one needs to do is learn about the benefits of all these herbs and pick the suitable one out!
Benefits of Major Indian Herbs Used In Hair Oils
Although there is no magic bullet present in nature that can boost hair growth and quality, the natural herbs listed in Ayurveda are highly beneficial. However, one has to be careful with her choice of products. Many companies claim to offer coconut oil but rather offer mixed palm oil. One has to choose an authentic brand that meets organic standards and serves the best quality products. Buy best natural hair oil online from a trusted brand to preserve hair wellness. Let us look at the benefits Indian herbs serve to maintain the health and goodness of our hair.
Hair oil massages nourish the scalp and improve blood circulation for healthy hair growth.
Here are the most extensively used Indian herbs to formulate natural hair oils. Each of these herbs serves a set of benefits to promote hair growth and nourishment.
#1 Bhringraj (False Daisy)
Bhringraj is a part of the sunflower family. It grows in a moist atmosphere and is largely found in India, Thailand and Brazil. It contains magnesium, iron, calcium, Vitamins D and E. The leaves of this plant are mixed with carrier oils to serve a wide range of benefits.
- It has a significant effect in reducing hair loss and promoting growth.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that fight dandruff and eliminate scalp irritation.
- Some studies suggest that Bhringraj is more effective than Rogaine in promoting hair growth.
#2 Hibiscus (Rose Mallow)
Both hibiscus leaves and flowers are used for making a natural hair oil that promotes hair growth and reduces bald patches naturally. It is full of nitrifying minerals and vitamins A and C.
- It stimulates natural hair growth and absorbs well into the scalp.
- It nourishes hair follicles to promote strong hair.
- Hibiscus keeps the scalp healthy and locks the natural oils of the scalp to provide soft and lustrous strands.
#3 Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri)
Brahmi is one of the wonder herbs well acclaimed in Ayurveda for its medicinal properties. It is popular for its usage in making natural hair oil. It is full of antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
- Brahmi eliminates dandruff and fungus build-up on the scalp to promote healthy hair growth.
- It also strengthens hair follicles naturally.
#4 Black Seed (Nigella Sativa)
Natural hair oil with black seed extracts has the potential to cure many hair problems. Black seed boasts of Thymoquinone, which is capable of regrowing hair.
- It reduces hair thinning and boosts new hair generation.
- It improves blood circulation to the scalp and increases hair volume.
#5 Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla is a powerhouse of vitamin C and antioxidants. One can use it as natural hair oil and also consume the fruit for health gain. Some people also drink Amla juice to promote hair growth and rejuvenate skin.
- It enhances the lustre and volume of hair by strengthening the hair strands naturally.
- It is effective in reducing dirt and grease from hair follicles.
- Amla nourishes the scalp deeply, resulting in shiny and healthy hair growth.
- It is also effective on colour treated hair.
#6 Methi (Fenugreek)
Fenugreek leaves and seeds both are used in making natural hair oil. It is rich in protein and zinc, the two most essential nutrients to boost hair growth.
- It contains saponins and flavonoids, which are the complex compounds that oxygenate the scalp and maintain its natural moisture.
- It reduces hair fall effectively by tightening hair follicles.
- It also aids dandruff by fighting the fungal build-up on the scalp.
#7 Shikakai (Acacia Concinna)
Most people refer to Shikakai as the “ultimate hair food”. It is used in oil as well as a natural alternative to shampoo for its cleansing properties. The literal translation of its name is “food for hair”.
- It provides a silky texture and shiny glow to the hair by conditioning it from roots to tips.
- Its deep cleansing formula keeps the scalp clean, resulting in dandruff reduction.
- It also prevents premature greying of hair.
We put a lot of pressure on our hair these days! Regular styling, use of heating irons and rollers, colouring, etc., cause damage to the hair. It is necessary to restore its moisture and nourishment to get the best results. Buy the best natural hair oil to recompense for all this damage!