Relocating to a new space during winter is likely not something you hoped you’d ever do, but sometimes it’s inescapable. Though, moving in winter has some benefits. Since fewer people move during the winters, you will probably get more customized attention and minimum rates from your relocation company. You are also likely to relish more flexible scheduling. Whether you are shifting to a new house or you are going to relocate your office to a better location during the winter season, you are going to face many challenges & troubles on your way. From encountering maximum cold to facing driving problems on a slippery road, you will most probably require the professional services of reliable & best packers and movers in Gurgaon to move effectively and safely to your desired destination. If you find yourself square up to with a winter move, don’t fret. Follow these tips to make sure your shifting is as effortless as possible.
1. Get Confirmation from Your Relocator: It is affordable and best to move in winters as it’s an offseason for these expert relocation companies. And also you may not find any trouble in deciding a fixed time for your shifting purpose because of less customer demand. Even during weekends, most of the relocation companies are ideal and have very few commitments. Get approval from your relocation company about your set date to shift to your new home and stay in contact with them throughout the process. After getting confirmation, prepare a moving Checklist and say yes to your move!
2. Fix Or Adjust the Date and Time as per Weather: Winters are unpredictable. Sometimes it is all bright and sunny one day, and anytime it could switch into a heavy rain the next. Check every day and keep a watch on weather forecasts during the week of your planned move. It shows you unclouded weather a few days before, but when the day comes, you could encounter stormy weather conditions such as a hailstorm or strong winds. If the weather prediction doesn’t allow you to move on a specific day, do not delay to contact your movers and inform them about a possible delay in the shifting process. The well-organized & efficient relocation service provider company contact their clients in advance if they think the extreme weather conditions could shut down the roads and hamper your moving activity.
3. Pack all Your Stuff Well in Advance: Most people pack their baggage by themselves and stand by until it gets delayed & initiates packing on a relocation day. Doing so will make your move a time-consuming and lengthy process. If you are packing and assorting the valuables yourself, then it is better to initiate the process well in advance to avoid the hassle. Or you can make your move better, smooth and easy by availing yourself the expert help in packing your belongings. These professional moving companies use tailor-made boxes for secure packaging and will make sure your precious and fragile objects stay safe while transporting them.
4. Prepare Inside of the House for Move-Out: Firstly, if you are going to start your move, then you have to make sure to prepare a safer surrounding within your home before initiating loading all the things into the moving truck. With the recurring process of entering and exiting the house for loading purposes, moisture, and dirt stuck to the feet of the movers might cause problems walking on the floor. Put a proper or suitable number of plastic sheets or newspaper on the floor to avoid any kind of mishappening or accident.
5. Prepare Your New House for Arrival: Yes, you heard it right! After taking care of the belongings regarding firmly moving out, you should also pay attention to issues related to relocating to a new space. Also, to settle down comfortably at the time of arrival at your new place of residence, you can even turn on your home heating system a day before your move.
6. Ask for Weather Proof Storage Containers: While moving your goods in a basic shipping truck during extreme winter conditions, the outside cold could damage some of the fragile pieces as they become more brittle in freezing temperatures. Don’t let slip from memory to confirm with your movers the type of storage repository they use for the shifting task. To escape from the outside extreme cold weather conditions like rain from attacking your expensive & fragile valuables, ask your relocation service provider for a weatherproof storage container.
7. Prepare Your Car for Move: These moving companies are very well-organized in that respect, and they audit their trucks regularly before beginning a new shifting assignment. You should also get full service of your vehicle and make sure every function is operating correctly in case the distance of travel to your new house is considerably long. Prefer to take fragile items with you. Instead of loading fragile objects into the truck, take them with you in your private car. It’s because the packers and movers take more time to reach a destination as they have to continue a steady pace to avoid slippery due to heavy load on board.
8. Service Your Car before Driving in the Winter: Check the state of your tires as worn tread, combined with moisture roads, could result in your car losing control. Also, ensure your tires’ air pressure, as cold weather can cause low air pressure in tires. With uncertain weather conditions, you should make sure your car is ready for anything, like below-freezing weather conditions.“Driving under hazardous conditions may be very risky, which is why you are required to take necessary safety steps. Service your car and have the battery, fluids, oils, and brakes reviewed.
9. Ask for Discounts from Your Mover: If you’re looking to save a little money, and you can control the arrangement of your move, moving during the winter might be non-expensive than moving during any other season. Ask your professional packers and movers in Gurgaon if they offer any discounts during the winter months.
Moving in the winter can save you cash, but it can also come with a few distinctive challenges compared to moving during any other time of year. But if you plan and contact your movers, you can have a safe and smooth move. To get diverse, premium quality relocation services outside India, within India, locally, long-distance move, or any kind of move at your doorstep. Then contact and visit Thepackersmovers.com and get the best possible deals and offers.