If you have a missing tooth, you need a dental implant restoration. A missing tooth can trigger a lack of self-confidence when a person is interacting socially. Dental implants are made of titanium or zirconium, which are a replacement for a lost tooth’s root in the jaw. Dental implant restoration comprises implants (artificial root) and restoration (replacement of lost tooth). If you live around Ankeny, consult Ankeny dental implant restorations, they have the best services in town.
Dentists highly recommend dental implants as the bite forces in the patient’s jaw give the tissues their required stimulation. Dental implants have bone preserving properties and efficiently treat bone tissue breakdown after a tooth falls out.
What is dental implant restoration?
Dental implants restoration creates an artificial tooth that is a replacement for any missing tooth. The artificial tooth is attached to the implanted root and then placed over a titanium post that is a permanent root.
Procedures used in dental implants restoration
- Screwed retained implant restoration
- Cemented implant restoration
Benefits of dental implants restoration
Dental implants offer many benefits to those who do not want to wear dentures and are unhappy with their missing teeth. After knowing the benefits of dental implants, many patients invest in this permanent solution. Let us see some benefits associated with dental implants restoration.
- Ease in eating: Chewing is difficult with sliding and unstable dentures. Dental implants are like your own teeth, allowing eating food easily without any pain.
- Improved appearance: The feel and look of dental implants are like original teeth, and they fuse with bone, making them permanent and improving their appearance.
- Improves oral health: In dental implants, you do not need to reduce any teeth as all the nearby teeth are altered to support the implant. So there are more original teeth left which improves overall oral health.
- Convenience: Dental implants are convenient as they are removable and reduce the inconvenience of removing dentures and the messy adhesive used to put them back.
- Durability: With good care, dental implants can last for years and are durable.
- Improves speech: With unstable and sliding dentures, your speech can hamper. But since dental implants restoration is like having your teeth, there is no hindrance in your speech.
Are dental implants successful?
Generally, dental implants have a 98% success rate, but it depends on where the implants are placed on the jaw. Also, with good care, dental implants can last a long time.