Do you love rice more than bread & always want to try distinctive flavors of different regions? If yes, here is something for you right from the authentic recipes of Italy. Every dish of Italian cuisine is well known for its amazing taste despite a simple preparation technique. Almost in every Italian dish, you will notice some similarities such as olive oil & oven baking. Risotto is a traditional Italian rice dish that requires your proper attention while preparation. It takes around half an hour to cook risotto properly. If you order it in a restaurant and their serving within 10 to 15 minutes, consider it an artificial technique. It involves partial cooking of rice in advance and then giving them finishing look while serving.
If you want to experience the true authentic taste of risotto, it is advisable to prepare at home. There is no need to get confused because we are here to help you with unappetizing recipe discovered by chefs. The resort that you are going to prepare right now has a twist of baked mushrooms that you will surely love to try a second time. Scroll down and read the complete preparation technique.
Important ingredients to collect
The ingredients we are going to collect now are meant for a total of 4 servings. You can increase or decrease the ingredient’s quantity according to total servings. The entire process will take around 45 minutes. Let’s start with the most important ingredients.
- Take a large cup of carnaroli risotto rice that must belong to Italian farms only.
- Prepare chicken broth and divide it into 2 equal cups. Also, keep an extra half cup of broth for finishing.
- Buy mushrooms and dice them to fill total 3 cups.
- Buy Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese & finely grate it to fill a half cup.
- Half cup of heavy whipping cream is also necessary for giving a rich texture. Apart from this, keep around 2 more tablespoons of this cream for using later.
- Dice half yellow onion.
- Chop 2 tablespoons of fresh chives, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper & 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Salt and ground black pepper for taste.
Once you arrange all these ingredients, let’s begin with the first step.
Directions for cooking
- Before you start cooking, preheat your microwave oven up to 200 degree Celsius temperature.
- Take alarm skillet that must be oven temperature proof and put it on the gas burner. Keep the burner at medium flame and add butter to melt it.
- Had your diced mushrooms and the butter along with salt and keep on staring them until the term brown. Once the color starts changing, moisture will automatically evaporate from the mushrooms.
- Add diced onions, black pepper & cayenne pepper in the skillet and stir until they also turn golden brow. Pour rice in the vessel & stit properly until all grains are coated with butter.
- Slightly raise the heat of the burner and pour one cup of broth in the rice. Stir this mixture continuously on a constant level heat until the entire liquid is soaked by rice. Now add the second cup and keep on stirring it for a few minutes.
- Put the skillet inside your preheated oven bake it for around 15 minutes.
- Again put the vessel on the gas burner, pout remaining whipped cream & broth. Cook this mixture at medium heat for next 2 minutes. Never forget to stir it continuously otherwise carnaroli risotto rice may burn or stick on the bottom.
- Sprinkle your Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese & chopped chives for giving a finishing touch.
If carnaroli rice is not available, you can replace them with arborio risotto rice because if their similar size and flavor. This is not a tough recipe. All you need is to pay proper attention to stirring. If you manage the follow the entire recipe exactly as per the above points, it will be more authentic than a restaurant.