It can be truly annoying to have a weak WiFi spot or no coverage area in your home, especially in this digital era. In such a case, Netgear N300 WiFi range extender can save you from this hassle. The extender provides you with an extended WiFi range and coverage so that you can access the internet in every corner of your home, even in the dead zones.
For better coverage, the N300 wireless extender comes with external antennas. What’s more, it comes with an Ethernet port that enables you to amplify your existing network to those devices that are not compatible with WiFi functionality. The device includes smart LED indicators that help you find the optimal location to get the best range and coverage.
This post will guide you on how to perform the Netgear N300 WiFi extender setup in a hassle-free way. Let’s get the ball rolling.
How to Set up Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender?
You can set up and install the Netgear N300 WiFi range extender in two ways: using the WPS method and via the mywifiext setup wizard. Let’s introduce you to both the setup methods one by one.
- Using the WPS Method
Netgear N300 wireless extender is WPS-compatible. In other words, users can set it up using the WPS method as well. WPS or WiFi Protected Setup method enables users to install their extender without accessing the Netgear Genie wizard or entering any password. Let’s walk you through the required steps to set up Netgear N300 extender using the WPS method:
- Place your Netgear extender in the same room where your router is already kept.
- Power on both the devices, i.e. Netgear extender and the router.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your N300 WiFi extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router as well.
- The WPS LED turns solid green which means that the connection between your extender and router has been established.
- Next, unplug your N300 WiFi extender and place it anywhere in your home.
Congrats! You are done with the new extender setup. Now, when you try to connect your WiFi-enabled devices to WiFi, you will see an extended network name in the available networks’ list. This is the Netgear N300 WiFi extender’s network. All you need to do is simply select this network to connect all your client devices.
- Using the Mywifiext Setup Wizard
Another way to perform the Netgear N300 WiFi extender setup is to access the mywifiext setup wizard. Go through the instructions below and manually set up your Netgear N300 wireless range extender:
- Bring your Netgear N300 extender and the home router to the same room.
- Create a wired connection between your N300 extender and the router.
- Now, connect your extender into a reliable power socket and turn it on.
- After switching on your computer, load up an internet browser.
- Access www mywifiext net N300 login web page.
- Insert the admin user ID in the first field whereas password in another field.
- Hit Log In.
- As soon as you get logged in, you will see the Netgear genie setup smart wizard.
- This wizard will provide you on-screen steps to make your extender up and running.
- Just follow them carefully one by one and set up your Netgear N300 extender.
Done! Your Netgear N300 WiFi extender setup has been completed. Now, connect all your client devices to the extended wireless network and enjoy an uninterrupted internet connection across your home.
So, these were the two different ways using which you can install your Netgear N300 wireless extender. Which method did you find easy for you? Don’t forget to share your experience with us through the comments section.