Google Ads (formerly known as PPC) can be an extremely effective way to generate leads and new clients. In this beginner’s guide, we will discuss what PPC is, how it works, the benefits of using it, and how to set up a campaign. We will also cover creating effective ads and measuring the success of your campaign. Finally, we will provide some tips for optimising your campaign.
What is PPC and how does it work?
PPC, or pay-per-click advertising, is a type of online marketing in which businesses pay to have their ads displayed on search engines, websites, and social media platforms. When someone clicks on an ad, the business pays a fee to the platform where the ad was displayed. PPC is a popular marketing strategy because it allows businesses to reach a large audience with a relatively small budget.
The benefits of using PPC for your business
PPC can be an effective way to generate leads and grow your business. Some of these benefits include:
- Reach a large audience: PPC allows you to reach a large number of people with your ads.
- Target your audience: PPC allows you to target your ads to a specific audience, which can help you generate leads that are more likely to convert into customers.
- Save time: PPC is a relatively quick and easy way to start generating leads for your business.
- Measure results: PPC provides detailed data that you can use to measure the success of your campaign and make necessary changes.
Setting up a Google Ads campaign
If you’re interested in using PPC Google Ads for your law firm, for example, here’s how to go about it:
- Choose your goals: What do you want to achieve with your PPC campaign? Do you want to generate more leads, increase brand awareness, or something else?
- Set your budget: How much are you willing to spend on your PPC campaign? Keep in mind that you’ll need to pay for each click on your ad.
- Choose your keywords: Keywords are the words or phrases that people will use to search for your business. When choosing keywords, be sure to select ones that are relevant to your business and that have a high search volume.
- Create your ad: Once you’ve selected your keywords, it’s time to create your ad. Be sure to include a call-to-action and make your ad relevant to your keywords.
- Set your bid: When you create your ad, you’ll need to set a bid, which is the amount you’re willing to pay for each click on your ad. The higher your bid, the more likely your ad is to be displayed.
- Measure your results: Once you’ve launched your PPC campaign, be sure to measure your results so you can make necessary changes and improve your campaign over time.
Tips for optimising your PPC campaign
- Try testing different keywords to see which ones generate the most leads.
- Try testing different ad copy to see which ads are the most effective.
- Try testing different bids to see which ones generate the most leads at the lowest cost.
- Try testing different landing pages to see which ones convert the most visitors into leads.
By following these tips, you can optimise your PPC campaign and generate more leads for your business – whether it’s PPC Google Ads for law firms, department stores, carpentry services or otherwise!