Jojoba Oil is an oil that can be used as an additive for many skin care products. This is one of the best natural substances for moisturizing the skin. It has a few cousins and is closely related to the jojoba tree which also grows in desert regions.
Jojoba oil is naturally the liquid made by the seed of the Simmondsiachinensis plant, also found in southern Arizona, northern Mexico, and southwestern California. The oil constitutes about 50% by weight of the jojoba plant. Jojoba extract is one of the best natural ingredients for skin care products because it has several important characteristics for effective skin treatment and healing. Let’s look at some of these properties below:
– Antimicrobial activity – Jojoba oil kills microorganisms and fungi on contact. In fact, it has been found to kill bacteria and viruses as well as yeasts and molds. This is very useful for acne treatment. By applying jojoba oil to the infected area, the fungus will die and the pimple will disappear gradually. Jojoba oil also contains an antiseptic effect. Therefore, it can be used to kill the infection and relieve irritation.
– Moisturizers – There are several products in the market with jojoba oil as one of their active ingredients. But do you know that this same ingredient also has a long list of benefits for skin? As it turns out, jojoba oil has a long list of moisturizing and healing effects. It is good for regular skins and also for sensitive skin. For those with dry skin, it can provide instant moisture without causing any greasiness.
– Citrus protection – Jojoba oil can protect your skin from ultraviolet light and from environmental irritants. Its antioxidant activity can fight against free radicals and other toxins that can damage cellular membranes. You should know that there are numerous products with this coconut oil ingredient in the market today but only a few of them have sufficient amount of fatty acids to improve skin barrier.
If you are looking for skin care products, you should choose products with jojoba oil as one of its major ingredients. You can find jojoba oil at health food stores and even in the nearest supermarket. But if you want to shop for more convenient product, you can buy it online with our shopping cart.
– Cleansing treatment – Oils produced by coconuts have a long list of healing properties. Thus, using jojoba oil for acne is a great choice. It has antibacterial activity. It can kill microorganisms that can cause acne and other skin problems. It is rich in fatty acids that can deeply hydrate the skin. Aside from these benefits, it is also excellent in repairing damaged skin.
– Anti-inflammatory effects – Some people think that it is best used as an ingredient to treat acne. They say that jojoba oil reduces redness of the skin due to inflammation. But they do not know that the oil has the ability to decrease the activity of pro-inflammatory substances. This is a good choice for people who are suffering from psoriasis or inflamed skin. As you can see, it does have many acne fighting properties, so don’t be afraid to include it in your daily skin care routine.
– Natural remedy – Oils produced by the seed of the jojoba tree have been known for their effectiveness as a natural remedy. In fact, it has been a traditional remedy in some parts of the world. You can use jojoba oil to tighten your skin or to treat various skin disorders. For example, you can use jojoba oil to treat eczema, psoriasis, burns, rashes, acne, dandruff, dry and oily skin, wrinkles, dry lips and chapped lips.
– Cold Sore Treatment – If you are suffering from cold sores, you might try using jojoba oil. Jojoba has antiviral and anti-inflammatory effect. Its oil can also reduce the severity of the cold sore. This is a good choice if you are going to use jojoba oil for cold sore treatment.
These are just some of the benefits that you can get from the use of jojoba oil in your daily diet. The popular oil from southern Arizona has many ingredients that can help you get rid of many problems. Make sure that you choose the right products with the right ingredients.