A timecard calculator is a simple online tool that helps you calculate the hours you worked and how much you should be paid for those hours. All you need to do is enter the date and time you started work and the date and time you ended work.
This is an excellent tool for anyone who often works irregular hours or for those who want to keep track of their hours worked for tax purposes. So whether you’re an individual freelancer or manage a team of employees, a time card calculator can be a helpful tool.
Why does a company use a timecard calculator to pay its employees?
There are a few reasons why a company might use a timecard calculator to pay their employees.
First, it can help the company keep track of employee hours worked. This is essential information for payroll purposes.
Second, a time card calculator can help ensure that employees are paid for the correct number of hours worked. This is especially important if employees are paid hourly.
Finally, a time card calculator can help a company budget its payroll expenses. Knowing how many hours employees work, the company can better predict how much they will need to spend on payroll each month.
How to use the time calculator to calculate the hours and minutes worked?
Instead of using the old methods of calculating time hours of employees working, use the automatic online free timecard calculator to make your life easier. Follow the steps and make your life easier :
- Select a weekly or bi-weekly option to pay your employee according to your comfort.
- Select the days the employee will work for you in a week. You can select in between five to seven days.
- There’s another option for overtime for employees; if your employees work overtime, you can select an overtime rate. There are two rules of overtime payment: either the employee will get paid daily or weekly according to their agreement.
- Choose the hourly and overtime rates for every employee according to their designation.
- Enter the employee’s name and select the currency.
- Two options are available in the tool “auto-fill” or “Daily Totals Only.” In case of availing any of those, first, select the option and then fill the entries.
- Select the hours your employee is going to work for you daily.
- You can add time in and time out options as well.
- Our employee time clock calculator converts the hours and minutes to decimal format as you enter the employee’s time in and time out.
- The tool will calculate the employee’s total working hours and total gross pay, per your provided instructions.
- Once you complete all the information, you can get a timesheet quickly in a CSV format. You only need to download the sheet by clicking on the “Print” button.
What to check before using an online timecard calculator?
There are a few things you should keep in mind before using an online timecard calculator:
- Make sure the calculator is accurate by checking the reviews and ratings.
- Make sure the calculator is user-friendly and easy to use.
- Make sure the calculator is compatible with your timekeeping system.
By keeping these things in mind, you can be sure you’re using the best timecard calculator for your needs. DNS Checker has all the qualities mentioned above and makes it the best tool for you.
Some common issues to address
The following are some common issues with the TimeCard calculator :
- Although time card calculators can help keep track of your employees’ hours, they also have some potential issues. One such is that they can be inaccurate. If employees entered information incorrectly, it would be a loss to the company.
- There are always categories for the employees working in the company. Some are paid on an annual basis, and such employees are exempt from overtime pay. It would be great for you to categorize these employees; then, it will be easier to know who is eligible for the overtime and who you are not paying off.
- Some companies don’t provide tea and lunch breaks to their employees. But it also depends upon the agreement with your employee as if you are not providing the break and it’s mentioned in the timecard calculator, then you’ll have to pay for that as well to your employee, which is a loss to the company.
Timecard calculators help you calculate the hours you worked and the pay you are owed. They can be used to calculate your regular income, overtime pay, and vacation pay. Most of the time, card calculators are online and easy to use. It can be a helpful way to make sure you are getting paid the correct amount. They can also help you keep track of your hours worked so you can better plan your time.