Whether it is restless sleep, pain, stress or lack of energy, the use of CBD products is increasingly on the rise these days. Despite being useful for various health conditions, CBD is also very versatile. Consumers can use this compound in the form of CBD drops, vape pens, edibles and topicals – all of which require different methods of intake.
And while topical products like balms, creams and ointment are perfect for addressing various skin issues and providing pain relief, you might need a faster solution for reducing stress and anxiety levels. Here are four ways to use CBD oil for anxiety.
First Thing First: What Is CBD & How Does It Work For Anxiety?
CBD (Cannabidiol) is an active chemical compound obtained from cannabis plants. Unlike its infamous relative tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol is considered non-intoxicating and non-addictive.
CBD is thought to be beneficial for relieving anxiety due to the positive effects on our endocannabinoid system (ECS). ECS is a complex, cell-signalling system that is present throughout the body and helps vital bodily functions achieve a state of balance. This includes the regulation of sleep, memory, inflammation, as well as stress and anxiety in the brain. Through interaction with specific receptors of ECS, cannabidiol can help to decrease anxiety.
Four Ways To Take CBD Oil For Anxiety
Today CBD can be taken in a wide variety of forms, from oils and capsules to creams and candies. All products come with their strengths and shortcomings, but there’s a suitable mode of ingestion to suit just about anyone out there.
Every CBD product also features a different rate of bioavailability, which simply refers to the percentage of the substance that takes effect in your system, so this is important to take note of when searching for the perfect way to consume CBD.
- CBD oil – This is the most popular way to reap the benefits of cannabidiol is by using CBD oil as it’s applications are versatile, and it offers very high rates of bioavailability. CBD oil can be added to food and beverages or soaked into the sublingual gland at the back of the tongue. The sublingual method is by far the most efficient because it enters into your bloodstream the fastest, and more of the CBD is absorbed into your system;
However, natural CBD oil tends to taste a little “weedy”, which might be tough for consumption for some people. To dial back any unpleasant flavours, there are oils on the CBD market that are infused with other ingredients and also come in many different strengths;
- Edibles – Pre-infused CBD edibles are also a popular way to consume CBD. Whether you prefer candies, gummies or chocolate, edibles are available in lots of flavours and forms, and they stay in your system for a long time, which excludes the need to continually dose. However, their slow-acting nature also means that they take a lot more time than other methods to get absorbed into your bloodstream;
- Vape products – Vaping simply refers to inhaling vaporised CBD oil through a vaping pen. It is also one of the quickest ways to experience the effects of CBD, which is essential in situations of acute anxiety. You can buy CBD vape juice for your device or choose different pre-filled options such as CBD vape cartridge or disposable/reusable CBD vape pens;
- Capsules – CBD capsules are pre-measured with different amounts of cannabidiol, and they’re a great option for individuals that are often on the go and don’t have the time to administer CBD oil sublingually. Similar to edibles, CBD enriched capsules offer long-lasting effects due to the digestion process, which usually takes some time.
Different Types Of CBD Oil
Despite differences in formats of CBD products, there are also three main types of CBD extracts that are obtained from the hemp plant and then infused into the products. These include full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate.
Full-spectrum hemp extract. It is called “full-spectrum” because it contains all of the beneficial compounds that exist within the hemp plant. These are a variety of different cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids, as well as many essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, protein, chlorophyll, fibre and small concentrations of the THC compound. They produce what is called the ‘entourage effect’, where the compounds work together to enhance the effects of CBD in the body.
Broad-spectrum hemp extract. Besides CBD, it also contains a range of terpenes, flavonoids, minor cannabinoids, among other phytochemicals found in the hemp plant except for THC. Since the broad-spectrum CBD has multiple cannabinoids, it can still produce the potential entourage effect.
CBD Isolate provides you with the highest amount of CBD per dosage since it is both concentrated and in its purest form. By using CBD isolate, you have an ideal way of receiving the many special benefits CBD has to offer. Isolate also provides an attractive choice among many users who cannot have trace amounts of THC in their system but still want to get the potential benefits of CBD oil.
CBD Dosage & Dosing Tips
Since each body is different, everyone has an individual response to various medications. And CBD products aren’t an exception. There is no established one-size-fits-all CBD oil dosage, but it is highly recommended to start treatment with the lowest dose suggested by a product’s manufacturer. After then, you can gradually increase your daily CBD dosage until the desired effects take place.
Additionally, here are a few factors that you should pay attention to while choosing a CBD oil dose:
- The concentration of CBD;
- The type of CBD product;
- Disease severity.
Dosage calculations can provide the right dose in milligrams based on your body weight and the severity of your symptoms. Unique body chemistry usually affects the results of CBD consumption. Some people metabolise medicine faster than others, which can be a reason for genes or lifestyle. If you metabolise medication quickly and take CBD oil as an adjunct to the treatment of particular health conditions, you might need a higher dose.
Also, there are a few points to take into consideration before using any CBD product, such as:
- Consult a healthcare provider. If you are intrigued to try out CBD products for anxiety, talk to your doctor first. A specialist will help you identify a starting dosage that’s right for you;
- Be consistent with dosing. Don’t take a small dose one day and consume the maximum the next day. Determinate your dosage slowly to give your body time to get the effects;
Don’t be surprised if you don’t notice results immediately. Since you need to give your body some time to adjust to the CBD compound, try not to expect miracles after a single use.