Providing the household with clean water, without which no one can go for more than a few hours, should be one of the most important priorities. In any case, a whole house water filter should be made a necessity with the amounts of contaminants and other health impacts that tap water or fresh water, in general, can have. Most of the water purification recommendations are instructed under the Australian Water Purification Guidelines that allow management and fabricators to identify the quality of good clean water.
What Should a Customer Look for Before Purchasing a Water Filter?
- Good quality filtration systems will always have more customer approval, so look for feedback and reviews on their official sites and pages. Customer reviews in public websites and online stores are never fabricated as they come from hundreds of regular customers and users. It is the next best thing that decides the general value of a product and its viability.
- An eco-friendly filtration system can do more good collectively by saving bills and helping the environment. Filtration systems that accumulate less carbon footprint and consume lesser energy are the ones that should be looked up in the market.
- A good filtration system should remove as many contaminants as possible. This means that the filtration system should have a very efficient filtration rate. Effectively filtered water supply lines make all those equipment and appliances that use water run efficiently due to fewer amounts of residue in them.
- Sometimes the ideal filtration system may not remove the required chemicals from the water supply. Testing the local water bodies by professionals and experts is a good idea to understand what causes contamination. Using carbon or charcoal filters can also help preserve all the necessary minerals instead of removing them.
Whole House Filtration Systems and Their Advantages
- Removes Contaminants: With the various contaminants present in the main water supply, a whole house water filter can be set up in the mainline to tackle them before they enter the house line. These systems can pick up pathogens, chemicals such as nitrates and arsenic, pesticides and other heavy metals.
- Remove Hard Water: Even if the water supply line doesn’t contain pathogens and chemicals, improving water quality should be a factor nonetheless. A buildup of residual calcium deposits in hard water can lessen the quality and overall water pressure, especially in the showerheads.
- Reduce Chlorine Levels: Only the required amount of chlorine is added to the main water line, but concentrations can happen here and there. Filtration systems can reduce the chlorine amount present in the supply line and reduce its impact on skin, hair and utility.
- It’s A Great Investment: High-quality filtration systems usually cost a fair amount during their initial investment. But in the later years, due to less maintenance and higher filtration quality, the return rate is very high. There is virtually no upkeep cost and at the same time provides high quality and healthy water to the house for more extended periods compared to smaller regular filters.
A good water filtration system can make a massive difference in the quality of water and, consequently, the residents’ health. The customer should be adequately thorough in analysing the different types of filters and finding one that is best suited for a home in consideration.