Washing machines come in a variety of type, size, capacity, features and technologies. Consumers often overlook the internal components of a washing machine while buying one. The technologies used in washing machines should never be missed while opting for one for your daily needs.
Direct Drive Technology helps a washing machine to deliver a powerful performance by using less energy. Washing machines with Direct Drive Technology are much superior to ordinary washing machines.
LG was the first manufacturer to introduce Direct Drive Technology in some of its best washing machine. This made their washing machine highly energy-efficient, enhancing its durability and reducing noise while operating.
Samsung and Bosch also have Direct Drive motors in their washing machine. Samsung washing machines with direct drive motors come with a Digital Inverter Technology. Bosch washing machines with Direct Drive technology comes with an Ecosilence Drive in which the motor is run by magnets rather than the brushes that you see in ordinary washing machines.
The conventional washing machines operate with a fixed motor speed. It attains maximum efficiency only at full loads. There will be numerous mechanical moving parts like belts and pulleys along with the motor in conventional washing machines. This arrangement will cause a lot of friction among the moving parts causing a considerable amount of energy loss while the machine is working.
But the world is changing so are the technologies, so the manufacturers developed Direct Drive Technology to overcome this issue. With the introduction of Direct Drive Motor, the washing machine can detect the amount of laundry load. This helps the washer to operate at the optimum speed based on the laundry load. Thus the Direct Drive Technology helps the washing machine to run at variable speed.
Direct Drive technology is much simpler in its construction. The drum is directly attached to the motor without any mechanical moving parts like belts or pulleys. This helps in cutting down the electricity consumption as there is less use of mechanical moving parts.
Direct Drive Technology makes the washing machine highly energy-efficient and enhances its durability as it readily reduces the wear and down of the mechanical parts in the machine. It also helps in reducing noise, vibration and tangling of clothes while washing.
Pros and Cons of Direct Drive Technology
- Highly energy-efficient than conventional washing machines so that the electricity costs can be saved
- Reduces the noise and vibration while operating
- It comes with a long period of manufacturer warranty as it lasts longer than the ordinary washing machines
- It can accommodate more clothes as it comes with a larger drum compared to a conventional washing machine
- RPM speeds are variable, so it does have the optimum speed even in the final stage of drying
- Repairs can be costly. Many manufacturers offer a longer period of warranty. The repairs are unlikely in Direct Drive washing machines compared to conventional washing machines
- Typically more expensive than conventional washing machines
Leading manufacturers have introduced Direct Drive technology in their best front load washing machine and top load washing machine to meet both the consumers’ demands.