Are you wondering what an SS4 is? For a business to keep up there are several legal documents that are important and the SS4 form is extremely important, unlike other forms. So when planning to start a new business or already started a new business, business owners will need to comply with the IRS regulations and file several forms. You must know that these forms are mainly filed for taxes.
IRS will not provide business owners with their own copy of the form SS-4 but they’ll be required to have already completed the necessary forms. So, an identification number letter is given which serves as all the proof that is needed for the lenders. A copy of the identification letter can be obtained in the following way:
- Acquiring the identification letter: Before this is done, business owners are advised to keep their identification number in a handy spot. Nevertheless, the identification number can be easily found in the following pieces of documents:
– When bank accounts are opened under corporations Tax ID will be needed. Therefore, business owners are advised to call the bank and get their identification number.
– EIN can be easily found on previously filed corporate tax returns.
After finding the number, owners can now move on to the next step.
- Calling the IRS: Owners can now use their EIN and call the IRS’s Speciality and Business Tax line. The line can be reached at (800) 829-4933 and it’s open for calls between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM. This applies to a regular business week which starts on Monday and ends on Friday. Hence, persons are advised to call during that time frame.
- Owners are required to provide the Tax Specialists with all of the necessary information: After getting in contact with the Business Tax line, persons are advised to provide them with whatever information that they request. All of this is done to properly verify the company. In most cases, the EIN is required. Hence, everything that was previously done helps to smooth the process along. Furthermore, business owners are also made to identify and verify themselves as an authorized contact from the company. Most times, persons are asked to state their titles and affiliations with the company.
- Requesting a copy of the identification assignment letter: Once the verification process is completed, persons are advised to request from the specialist, a copy of their EIN assignment letter. However, it should be noted that it’s impossible to request a copy of the SS4 form.
The IRS doesn’t permit the authorization of the SS4 form copies of any previously completed documents such as the SS4 letter. So, business owners are required to request a copy of their EIN assignment letter instead. Upon completing the request, the IRS generally send the letter via the postal service.
It must be noted that the letter is usually mailed to any corporate addresses that they’ve got on file. So, persons can also request that the letter be sent to an alternate address or business fax if it is urgent. However, if there’s a rush to get the letter for a loan application, it can be received in the previously mentioned ways.
Getting a business loan or license
Whenever it comes to getting a business loan or a business license, the SS-4 form is essential to kick starts the process. While it may seem like a complicated process, it isn’t and can be obtained very easily. With just some patience on the phone, the process will be over in a short period of time.
Therefore, if every business owners plan on obtaining a loan in the future or they’ve already begun the process to get a business loan, it’s in their best interest to first gather all the required documents beforehand. This reduces the stress and tension of the entire process. It even speeds up the process and removes the chances of delays during the application process.