Healthcare email marketing is on the rise, with businesses finding great success in reaching out to their patients and customers through email. Some of the most common reasons healthcare businesses use email marketing include staying in touch with patients who are new to their practice, retaining patients who may be considering switching insurers, and boosting satisfaction rates among current patients. By using effective email marketing strategies, healthcare businesses can continue to reach their target audience and grow their business.
Don’t Miss Out: 4 Benefits of Healthcare Email Marketing
Perhaps, as a marketer, you’ve heard or read somewhere that email marketing is no longer effective. Many marketing teams have believed this to be a popular misconception.
Fortunately, I assure you that healthcare email marketing is still a viable option for your business.
Averaging 21.72 per cent open rates for email marketing for medical, dental, and healthcare services is the industry standard.
Thus, email marketing for healthcare has 4 primary advantages.
1. Communicate effectively
Email marketing in the healthcare industry is the most effective method of keeping in contact with patients. The following are the reasons why.
One of the major advantages of emailing patients is that practically everyone has access to the internet these days. Email is used by 92 per cent of internet adults, with 61 per cent of those who use it on a daily basis on average.
Unlike social media, email isn’t being used to communicate with family and friends. Users of email prefer to be reached by companies and organisations through email, according to 61 per cent of those who use it. This is encouraging news for healthcare email marketing campaigns.
Email is the preferred method of contact for your patients.
Utilising healthcare email marketing helps you to do the following:
- Reduce the number of missed appointments by sending automatic reminder emails.
- Keep your practice in the forefront of your patients’ minds.
- Communicate consistently at all times.
- Reach out to your patients using a communication channel that they use on a regular basis.
2. Communicate essential details
Patients are worried about their health, and it is your responsibility as a doctor or other healthcare professional to provide critical information to relieve their fears.
Important information may be included in healthcare email marketing campaigns, such as:
- The test result
- Confirmation of appointments and appointment reminders
- Suggestions and treatments
- When it comes to healthcare email marketing, every email you send is important.
In order to do this, keep an eye on and lower your email bounce rates to ensure that every critical communication is delivered properly.
Consider the following suggestions to prevent having your emails end up in spam or garbage folders:
- Make your emails more personalised.
- Use a valid reply-to address
- Avoid spammy wording
- Keep the content and subject line short.
- Don’t use too many images or ones that are too big.
- Include an unsubscribe link in your email signature.
- Avoid uncommon typefaces
3. Save time by sending out automatic emails.
Healthcare email marketing allows you to automate your most critical communications as well as repetitive email chores, allowing you to reclaim part of your time and increase your productivity.
When it comes to patient appointments, you don’t want to manually confirm each one. That would be a waste of time when there are solutions available to you, such as Calendly, that assist you in managing your patients’ appointment scheduling needs.
Afterwards, you may link Calendly to email software to build up email automation to do the following tasks :
Confirm the scheduling of appointments for your patients.
- Send out automatic email reminders.
- Provide critical information prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Patients should be followed up.
- When a potential patient hits your website, the whole procedure from that point forward may be completely automated.
Automation of appointment scheduling may be advantageous in a variety of ways, including:
- You decrease the chances of forgetting to send emails.
- You don’t lose track of patients since you keep track of their appointments.
- Save both your and your employees’ time.
- Make an effort to engage your potential patients and establish trust.
4. Encourage patients to participate.
An effective way to build trust with your audience is by providing them with the information they want and need.
By implementing a healthcare email marketing plan, you may establish and maintain a connection with your patients even if they do not need your medical aid at the time of the communication.
While commercial email marketing is focused on conversion and sales, healthcare email marketing is more concerned with educating and engaging the recipient.
As a doctor, you would want your connection with your patients to be genuine and trustworthy.
Consider including the following goals in your medical marketing for doctors:
- Increasing public awareness
- Providing timely and useful information
- Being a reliable source of knowledge
- Resolving the problems of patients
- Streamlining the process of getting in contact with a healthcare professional
These goals distinguish healthcare email marketing from other types of email marketing.
When it comes to healthcare marketing emails, the most important aspects to consider are as follows:
- Creating a comfortable environment for your patients
- Providing patients with the information they need.
- Emails like appointment reminders can be sent automatically.
Once patients have left your hospital or healthcare institution, email marketing is an excellent tool for keeping them close and engaged.