Students today have greater awareness and concern regarding choosing the right institution for pursuing the desired course. Unlike today’s generation, the previous generation students used to take admission in a university by relying upon one or two parameters, such as its recognition status and history.
While a formal recognition from concerned authorities like UGC, etc., continues to be an essential parameter for a university, it is no longer the sole determining factor for students and their parents alike.
Today, students yearn to excel in their chosen field so that they can take on global challenges in the future. Therefore, students today want to enroll in universities that can help in their holistic growth comprising academics, research, employability, placements, and higher education.
Chandigarh University caters to these modern Indian students that have a global outlook and aspiration to succeed.
Established in 2012 by the Punjab State Legislature, Chandigarh University is duly recognized by University Grant Commission, or UGC, under Section 2(F). Since its inception, the university has been consistently adding achievements to its portfolio.
- The university was accredited with the prestigious grade A+ status by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2019.
- The university filed the highest number of patents in 2020 compared with other institutions.
- The university has got a ‘DIAMOND’ rating from the QS I-Gauge framework.
Recognition & Membership
Apart from the UGC recognition, the courses offered by the university various councils and authorities, such as –
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT).
- Bar Council of India (BCI).
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- Council of Architecture (COA).
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
The university also holds membership of prestigious national and international associations –
- Association of Indian Universities.
- Computer Society of India.
- International Association of Universities.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- American Chemical Society.
How good are the placements and ranking?
Chandigarh University has a stellar placement record.
- The Chandigarh University Placement statistics touched a new high in 2020-21 when it touched the rare 100% mark in placement.
- In 2021, 757 multinational companies participated in the final university placement drive, and 7412 placement offers were provided.
- While engineering students clocked the highest CTC at Rs. 36 lakhs per annum, the management students are not far behind with the highest CTC of Rs. 28 lakhs per annum.
- Hotel management students were able to achieve a CTC of Rs. 18 lakhs per annum. And the pharmacy students were offered Rs. 4.38 lakhs per annum.
- The overall average CTC of the university stood at an impressive Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
As far as the national university rankings are concerned, Chandigarh University ranks among the top 100 universities in the country.
- The university is ranked 52nd among all the top universities in India.
- The university clocked an impressive 45th rank among the highly competitive top Indian management institutions.
- The pharmacy department of the university is 51st among the top Indian pharmacy institution rankings.
- The engineering programs offered by the university hold an overall 61st rank among the top 100 engineering institutions.
- The university achieved a highly impressive 16th rank in the architecture category.
- The National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF), approved by the Central Government’s Ministry of Human Resource Development and adopted by the Ministry of Education, has given an overall ranking of 77 to the university, which is more than impressive for a relatively young academic institution.
Apart from serving as a great template, a university’s placement percentage and ranking act as its report card. It gives an idea to the prospective students about the university’s drive and aspiration toward becoming an institute of eminence and a hub of employability.
Chandigarh University not only ticks those important parameters but also yearns to scale more heights in the future. Hence, ambitious students should consider keeping this university and its courses under their watch list.