According to a survey, LinkedIn is one of the fastest-growing business social networks globally with so many active users. By 2020, more than 660 billion users on the network have 43% women and 57% male users. More than 220 billion people are always active on their accounts. Surprisingly the number is increasing with every passing day.
Basic Business Network
There used to be a time when you could use LinkedIn for making a business profile only by including a personal portfolio, resume, picture, company details, and all pieces of information. The network has been used widely for small scale and small scale business for building their portfolios. And there is no doubt that it is still one of the best platforms to present details about your professional background in the most detail-oriented manner.
More Features with Time
In the past, LinkedIn would only allow the users to add a link to their website and attach the profile links to their social networks in the personal details. However, there was an option to write a blog even back then. With time, this social network has added more features to assist the users with better socialization with their business partners, colleagues, and friends using the same network.
Social network features
Just like Facebook, now you can add the link and share an image on your profile. You can even write inspirational context for your friends and business colleagues to read. In addition to having the opportunity of connecting with other professional individuals and companies, you can customize your profile with more details of your choice.
You might be inspired by Instagram stories that allow you to add an interactive message either for personal or business marketing. LinkedIn has added a somewhat similar feature to their networks for the users.
Now users can add swipe-up links to their LinkedIn stories with ease and share them with their friends, business colleagues, and connections.
However, if you are a new user, you can have access to the limited LinkedIn features only and you may not be able to use the new swipe-up link features of the network. This feature is available to certain members along with the pages that meet the stipulated Criteria of LinkedIn.
This is fortunate that now most users would be able to add a swipe-up link to their favorite blog or website on their LinkedIn stories. But the bad news is that not all the members will find themselves eligible for their feature due to some limitations in place.
More visibility and More Traffic
If you are using the network as a brand, this new feature is going to be beneficial for your marketing campaigns. Now you can add as many links as you want in the store, and it will help you drive more traffic to your website or business without having to do any SEO.
Not to mention that this network is being used by billions every day, and if you seem to have a significant online presence with massive connections, you can definitely get more traffic to the website. And it would result in more visibility of your brand’s products and services.
While many business professionals have fallen in love with this new feature, allowing them to add swipe-up links to LinkedIn stories, at the same time, some are not happy with it at all.
Many members have their own critics to make about the feature, questioning if it would add any value to the social networking experience. LinkedIn is more like a professional portal for businesses and companies; many people question if swipe-up links would help the network sustain its professional vibe.
Marketing and Promotions
There are different reasons why as a business, you’d want to promote your new products and services by adding swipe-up links to LinkedIn stories.
- You have just learned a new service, and you would like to use word-of-mouth for marketing to get it across.
- There’s a special promotion going on that may be suitable for the companies working with you. A swipe-up link on your LinkedIn story may drive your targeted audience directly to the page from where they can acquire that particular promotional service.
- You need the traffic to grow your business as you have recently launched it. Just like Instagram, you can use LinkedIn to make people aware of your brand’s products and services.
- There is a piece of special news that is worth sharing with everyone. By sharing it, you wish to spread awareness. For instance, there’s any upcoming news about the business you want to share; the best way is to use a link to your story.
How to add swipe-link to Linkedin Story?
If you want to add a link to a website, news or a blog, or a promotion, here’s how you can do it most conveniently:
- First, create a story on your profile.
- Use an interactive picture or video file for it.
- Now you need to tap on a “link” or “chain icon” from the display. It is located at the top of the screen on your account.
- It pops up an option asking you for a URL.
- Add a full URL in this section.
- Choose the option” applicable”.
- Press the done button.
- Now share the story.
You can check if the link is working correctly by reviewing your LinkedIn story yourself. To be eligible for this feature, you must have at least 5000 connections with other companies or people.