Internet is no less than an ocean of information flowing freely all across the globe from one computing device to another. A number of servers are responsible for channelizing your way towards accessing your desired portals and in this way you are likely to get a mouthful of hackers just waiting for your arrival.
It is you decide whether you want to fall prey to their tricks or would like to be a smart netizen, trying out the best possible way to discourage their devilish acts.
If you prefer the latter option, then seeking the help of a VPN would perhaps be the best to keep you anonymous.
What is VPN
The virtual private network (VPN) is a readily used technology leveraged by net-friendly people to keep themselves anonymous for as much time they are online.
VPN works over a public network and allows you to access the internet in total hiding by establishing an encrypted tunnel between the participating networks at both ends.
For this, it uses varied protocols such as PPTP, SSTP, IPSec, L2TP, SSH, and so on. The network thus created facilitates you with an IP address that is hosted from a server location as per your choice.
Hence, your original IP address does not get tracked and you can perform all your desired activities over the internet at your will.
Why should you use VPN?
There are many reasons that would prompt to look out for a suitable VPN service provider. Especially if you prefer to be anonymous while on the internet, there is no better way than to find solace in a VPN. Apart from this, you can be tempted to use a VPN for the below-mentioned reasons:
- Accessing streaming websites of the likes of Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Pandora Radio, 4OD and more from the areas other than their originating locations.
- Use social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. to get in touch with your friends and business partners spread all across the world.
- Communicate with others over the internet with the help of VoIP apps such as Skype
- Interacting with people belonging to other parts of the world for business purposes. It is likely that your current IP address is blocked from use in some other location
- Sending and receiving secure emails, voice and video chats
- For file sharing, and downloading or uploading videos through Bittorrent without getting into the eyes of the owner’s
Advantages of VPN
Well! You can gain a flurry of benefits once you decide to zero in on a befitting VPN service provider that assures you complete anonymity over the internet. Let’s have a look at some of these advantages.
- Full security from the intrusion of uninvited users in your network
- Access to the preferred websites that are hard to explore otherwise due to internet censorship restrictions in the respective countries.
- Least chances of data leaks out to any third party in case you are running a sizable business and have secured it via VPN
- Freedom to allow others use your network as per your will, such as your employees, customers or business partners
Best Anonymous VPN
Once you decide to go the VPN ways, there are an assortment of VPN providers awaiting your response. With each of these vendors claiming to offer better than the best services, you get a whale of options to choose from.
Depending on various factors that play the deciding role in selecting a particular VPN such as speed, cost, uptime, payment mode, VPN protocol support, device & OS support. Choose best anonymous VPNs that could really add essence to your motive of being hidden throughout the time you romance with the internet.