Quickbooks has launched different repairing tools to get rid of Quickbooks’ common issues. One such repairing tool is Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. This tool can be helpful when you are facing issues while opening a company file in multi-user mode. It may also help you to fix network issues, multi-user mode issues that one may encounter while using Quickbooks in the multi-user mode. Other than this, it can also help you fix issues with important Microsoft components used to run Quickbooks. This tool is easily available on the official website of Intuit or can be used via the Quickbooks tool hub. Following are the advantages of using the tool:
- It can help you in fixing Quickbooks installation errors.
- Saves a lot of time and effort for the user as it makes the error resolving process automatically.
- Get rid of unexpected or multi-user mode errors using the tool.
- Next, if any entry is missing from the employee list, you can fix it using the tool.
Note: In case you use Quickbooks 2016 version and above, you will receive prompts for the Quickbooks file doctor tool. So, ensure to use a compatible version of Quickbooks with the tool.
Downloading Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool can be downloaded from the official Quickbooks website. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow to download the tool.
- To start with, you will have to open the official website and then download the tool on your system.
- You will then have to save the downloaded file in your preferred folder.
- When done, you will have to open the file and then click on the installer file with the name QBInstall_Tool_vs.exe file.
- You will now have to terminate all the programs running in the background.
- After this, you will have to restart your program and then only proceed with the process.
- When done, ensure that you have a good internet connection on the system so that you do not face any issues.
- After this, you will have to proceed with the installation process.
Installing Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
So, now that you have downloaded the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool on the system, you will have to install it on the system. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to make sure that you are not using any previous version of the tool. In case you are using it, you will have to uninstall it from the system and then start your system again.
- Now, you will have to go to the recently downloaded file and click on the same.
- The installation window will appear on the screen. You need to click on the Next option and you will be redirected to the welcome window of the connection diagnostic tool.
- When done, click on the Next option and then choose the installation window. In the next window, agree to the license terms and conditions.
- When done, you will have to make sure to configure the .net framework on your system if you wish to use the tool on the system.
- Wait for the installation of the tool to complete. On completion of the installation, the tool will start on its own. If it doesn’t start, you will have to click on the icon of the tool.
- Now, you will have to choose the directory in which the Quickbooks file that you wish to diagnose is present.
- Also, if you are using the Quickbooks application in single-user mode, make sure not to use the network connectivity option.
- When prompted, you will have to type your admin credentials and then click on the Ok option.
- When done, choose if you are using a workstation or a host system.
- In the end, you will have to wait till the Quickbooks connection tool detects and fix the issues.
Using Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Now, if you are not aware of how to use the tool, here is a complete explanation for you. Check out the steps involved in the process below.
- To start with, you will have to tap on the Quickbooks icon.
- You will then have to make sure not to open the file on the system.
- When done, go to the utility tab. Under this, choose the repair file option.
- Now, you will have to choose the network problems option.
- After this, when a prompt appears on the screen concerning the Quickbooks data, you will have to click on the Yes option.
- When done, redirect the tool to the folder in which your company file is present and then click on the file that you think is corrupted.
- You will then have to tap on the option to show advanced settings and then choose the type of issue that you are facing.
- In the next window, you will have to type your admin credentials and then proceed with the process.
- When done, choose to start Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
So, this was all you need to know about the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. By the end of the article, we hope you are aware of how to download, install and use the Quickbooks application. In case you have any queries regarding the same, you can contact the support team anytime.