The AT&T2 Wire Router can act as a DSL modem or wireless router so that you can use it with any UI Internet service. 2Wire provides easy web-based configuration to make it easy to activate and configure your new router in minutes.
The router’s universal plug-and-play, or UPnP, the feature allows you to connect a variety of network devices and share files across them. If you are in search of the router information and reviews the Best of Router is a highly recommended site.
How to Enable Upnp on ATT Router – Steps
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into one of the router’s LAN ports. Usually, three to five of these ports are located on the back of the router. Connect the other end of the cable to the Ethernet port on your computer.
- Access the Gateway user interface by entering “http://gateway.2wire.net” (without quotes) into the address bar of your web browser, and then press “Enter”.
- Select the “Home Network” tab to open the list of devices on your network. To turn on the UPnP feature, click “Access shared files” and select “Enable”. You can now access your files from any computer or mobile device connected to the network.
Access a Windstream Router
Windstream is a telecommunications company that provides Internet connectivity through various digital subscriber lines or DSL technology. Windstream provides its customers with 2-wire wireless routers, which connect the Windstream DSL Internet connection to the rest of the home network. The 2 Wire Router offers a web-based interface to check router status and configure various options. You can access the Windstream 2 wire router through a web browser. If you are a college student then you must need to visit the best wifi router for college students.
Steps to Follow:
- Open a web browser on the computer that is connected to the Windstream 2 wire router. The connection can be wired or wireless.
- Enter “http://gateway.2wire.net” in the address bar without quotes, and then press “Enter”.
- Click on the desired link, such as “System”. Enter the router password if asked. A password is usually a 10-digit number printed on a sticker on the router.
For AT&T, you have to manually enter the above ports (88 UDP and 3074 UDP / TCP). Find your router’s web page and go to “Net / Gaming” under the “Firewall” tab. Click “Custom Services” below, and it will take you to a new page. Enter a name, help you specify the name later, type the number for the ports on all other input boxes (e.g. GGoble port range “88-88” base host port “88”) and make sure The correct characters at the bottom match the specific port numbers (UDP for 88 and UDP / TCP for 3074). Do the same for both port numbers.
Now that it’s done click “Return to NAT / Gaming”. Just below “Application Host Entry”, you will see “Service” and an input box next to it. Click the input box, then select one of the two services you just created in the second tab. Go to the “Require Device” section below this and choose the name of your Xbox One. Once those two inputs are correct, click “Add”. Repeat for another service, and you should go well. It worked for me. Hope this helps in any issue like mine.