Commercial fridges are one of the most important appliances in the retail industry. We have come across the fact that electrical appliances may start malfunctioning gradually with time. Commercial fridges have to bear shear as it is intended to maintain fresh and chilled food products at a large scale.
As a result, sometimes some issues could occur which would obstruct the overall proper functioning of the fridge. Here, we are going to discuss the way to get a commercial fridge out of defrost mode.
How to Get a Commercial Fridge Out of Defrost Mode?
The commercial fridge often gets stuck in the defrost mode mainly due to the electromechanical timer of the fridge. The timer motor can get worn out or the switch contacts can get fixed gradually with time or due to dust or dirt surrounding it. This timer looks after the defrosting system of the overall fridge and decides when to defrost and when to get out of defrost mode. It also controls the defrost heater. Now, there is an easy and convenient method to do so manually.
- All you need is to first unplug the fridge.
- You will find a tiny hole below the control panel in the center of which you will get to see a knob.
- You have to move the knob to the clockwise direction though it gets rotated in one way only.
- As soon as you do so, you will hear a sound of a loud click which means your fridge is out of defrost mode and the mode of normal cooling is continued. Make sure to check that the compressor and the fans should be switched on and the defrost heater should be switched off.
- Now, you can plug and play your fridge without any hustle.
If the problem persists, you then need to get the timer resolved or replaced accordingly earlier to prevent further damage to the fridge.