One needs to sit for entrance exams like CAT, XAT, SNAP, etc. to secure admission in best MBA colleges in India. This is the general practice, but in few cases you can get admission in a management college on the basis of quota reservation.
In India, over 2 lakh examinees sit for the entrance exams scheduled by the top B-institutes of the country. But only lucky few clear the hurdle every year. Management entrance exam is no easy thing because you really need good marks to sail through. The cut-off marks for being eligible for the college-level admission round is 80% minimum. What you need is the knack for business management and the highest level of preparation for B-school exams scheduled each academic year.
Managements Exams of Premier MBA Colleges
Top management schools in India takes full-fledged measure to tap in MBA aspirants through self-conducted exams. It is intended towards enrolling only high quality students from all across the country.
The reputed institutes, autonomous and private, which conduct their own management tests are:
Autonomous Management Institutes Conducted Exams
- Indian Institute of Management – through CAT (Common Admission Test) you can get admitted in one of the twenty colleges of the institute. The top three in the league are IIM Kolkata, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – through IIFT-IB (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade International Business) you can secure admission in either of the two colleges of IIFT. The campus located at Delhi is considered the best among the two.
Private Management Institutes Conducted Exams
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management – through SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) you can get admitted in SIBM, Pune and the other 9 colleges of the institute. SIBM is one of the best private management institutes of India.
- Xavier School of Management – through XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) you can secure admission in XLRI, Jamshedpur and the other 10 B-schools. It enjoys high level reputation as private management institute of India.
- Narseee Monjee Institute of Management – through NMAT (Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test) you can enroll for management course in NMIMS, Mumbai and the other 4 colleges of the institute. NMIMS is one among the top-notch management institutes in India.
- ICFAI Business School – through IBSAT (ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test) you can get admission in management courses at ICFAI, Hyderabad and the other 8 B-schools of the group. ICFAI too holds the reputation of being the best of the privately managed B-school of India.
There are several MBA colleges in India, which do not have self-conducted exams, offer admission to students on the basis of CAT, XAT, SNAP, IBSAT and NMAT.
You can also appear for national level management entrance tests like MAT (Management Aptitude Test) and GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test) to get direct admission in MBA colleges in case you have failed to apply for self-conducted entrance exams in time. The best part of these national level exams is that they are conducted several times in a year.
Backup Measures for Admission in Management Colleges
Entrance exam is not only the route to get admitted in MBA College. There are quite a few backup measures which can fulfill your dream of pursuing Executive MBA and other business management courses. Either by management quota, NRI quota or on the basis of marks scored in college level exams, you can secure admission in B-schools of India.