Vudu represents an online video on demand (VOD) streaming service which provides users access to thousands of Movies and TV Shows. Not your regular online streaming service, Vudu does not require a monthly subscription fee.
You do not have to worry about paying a monthly fee, instead, Vudu users can pay for Movies or TV Shows individually which you can either decide to rent or own. Prices for renting are between $0.99 to $5.99, while to buy content, prices range from $4.99 to $24.99.
This comes as an awesome package for you if you desire to pay for the Movies and TV Shows you want. Vudu also offers special rates for renting and purchasing content on a continued basis.
You can rent and stream Vudu contents with several supported devices. Vudu is for sure compatible with the following:
- Android TV Boxes (NVIDIA Shield, Mi Box, etc.)
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Smart TVs (LG, Samsung, Vizio, etc.)
Web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox
Vudu is not in the Amazon App Store, so there is the need to side-load the application using Downloader. If you operate an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. Vudu is available within the Google Play Store.
How to install Vudu on Firestick
We have provided you with these steps below on how you can install Vudu on a Firestick 4K. Note that these steps will also work on the Fire TV and Fire TV Cubes.
- Go to Settings from the Main Menu screen.
- Next, hit My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Next, select ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’.
- Choose Turn On
- Go back to the home screen and go to the Search icon.
- Next, type in Downloader and click “Downloader”. This will appear under the keyboard.
- Select the Downloader app.
- Next, click Download.
- Hit Open.
- Select Allow.
- Click OK.
- Type the following URL in exactly as it is listed here and click Go – http://reviewdork.com
Once you have achieved step thirteen, you will be redirected to a site. You must scroll down until you see the Vudu application.
- When you see the Vudu application, click on “VUDU for Fire TV.”
- Next, click on the “Download Installation File” option.
The Vudu APK file will then begin to download. You will have to wait a while for it to download.
- Next, select Install.
- Hit Done.
- Tap Delete. Performing this action will remove the installation file that is not needed.
- Click Delete again.
- Next, go back to the Home screen and under Your Apps & Channels, ensure you select ‘See All’.
- Scroll down to hover over Vudu, then click the Options button – it is the 3 horizontal lines – then click Move to front.
Vudu will then be moved to the front of Your Apps & Channels. By now, the Vudu app would have been successfully installed on your Fire TV device.
When you first proceed to launch the Vudu app, you will be asked to either Sign Up or Sign In if you already have an existing account.
How Do I Sign Up for a Vudu Account?
You can sign up for a Vudu account either through the Vudu app or on their Official Website. To register for a Vudu account through the Firestick application, follow these steps;
- Launch the Vudu app on your device and click Sign Up.
- Next, enter in your Email and Password. Then click Continue.
- Next, you will be instructed to check your email on a different device for a welcome message from Vudu.
- You will have to click the image within your welcome email from Vudu, and you will arrive to the Vudu website.
- Next, tap Sign In which is located on the upper right part of the screen.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your email and password that you already created in step two.
And you are done! Know that you have now officially signed up for a Vudu account. Do note that your email is now displayed in the upper right of the screen.
Also note that before you rent or buy any Movies or TV Shows, you will be required to enter in payment information within your account settings.
Was this helpful? Let us know your thoughts and experience about how to install Vudu on firestick in the comment section.