How to organize your attic storage with plastic crates?
Storage space isn’t something that flows into most homes, especially in areas where basements aren’t as prevalent. Fortunately, many homeowners have a useful attic that can come to the rescue and help meet their home’s storage needs. With proper labelling, sorting and stacking, your attic can become a useful area of your home, not the roof that is part of your home. These three simple steps can help you organize your attic space and reap the benefits of plastic crates Melbourne it can provide for you and your family.
- Nails and Screws: There is nothing more annoying than finding nails and screws on the garage floor. You can easily find some drawers that you can use to keep these little things which will make it look neater.
- Heavy Duty Storage: One of the best things is that you can easily find a variety of heavy-duty plastic crates Sydney that you can use to store those items in the garage. You must remember to invest in some compartments that are weather resistant and provide the best protection for your personal belongings.
- Overhead Storage: Make sure you plan to use an overhead storage tub to store all the items that you have never actually used. Most people do not use their space properly and consider themselves disorganized.
- Purify and clean. If possible, you should start by removing everything from the attic. Once the attic is emptied, you should take the opportunity to clean it out. This would also be a good time to use an electric torch and check around your attic for any signs of water ingress from the roof. It’s always best to catch water damage before it enters a home, and you don’t want your property to be damaged by water.
- Sort and pack. Once you’ve got everything out of the attic, it’s time to sort everything out. Throughout this process, constantly search for items you can sell, donate, or throw away. If your item is packaged in a cardboard box, it is recommended to replace the plastic storage tub with a lid. This will better protect your personal property in the long run, and is much easier to stack and move around in tight spaces. Clean plastic is better, but colourful bins can be great for storing a variety of seasonal decorations.
- Label and store. As you repack your items, you should label both the sides and the top using masking tape or a label maker. As you reload your attic with your possessions, you should try to organize them into zones or similar areas. Your Christmas decorations should go to an area, for example. Items you use throughout the year should be kept close to the attic access point. Items stored for long distances should be kept on the back.
A streamlined attic is a great place to store extra accessories and seasonal decorations. When you use a good storage container, and label your items thoroughly, it will be easier to retrieve essential items from your attic. If you follow these three simple steps to organize your attic, you’ll be able to take control of that wild storage space and turn it into a great asset for your home.