So the doctor has asked you to use a mesh nebulizer because you have breathing problems. However, before getting started, you need to know everything about this equipment. Hence, without further ado, let’s get going.
First things first.
A portable mesh nebulizer is an equipment used by patients who have asthma or other breathing problems. Because of the nebulizer, you will be at ease and will find relief in no time. While you are using the nebulizer, you inhale the medication, which reaches the lungs straight away. The best part about the equipment is that it is easy to use. You do not have to run here and there while facing trouble.
There are times when doctors suggest not to use a nebulizer for asthma. You may use an inhaler. However, only a nebulizer can deliver the medicine straightaway to the lungs without much effort as compared to an inhaler. Nevertheless, we leave it to you. In case you have any doubt you can always speak to your doctor and ask for suggestions. The equipment choice may be based on which equipment you can use without facing any difficulty.
When you notice the nebulizer parts, you will see that most of them are small, which is why they are easy to transport. Hence, make sure you ask your doctor which nebulizer to use as the market is flooded with a variety of nebulizers. Keep your requirements in mind and also consider the instructions of the doctor. Once you purchase a nebulizer, make sure you keep it clean. Most of them go for a nebulizer mask too, but no equipment can work wonders as a nebulizer does.
How to use a nebulizer?
The nebulizer comes with a user booklet. While you are using it, do not forget to read the instructions. To use it in the right manner, you need to follow some necessary steps. Mentioned below are them.
- Before using the nebulizer, make sure you wash your hands properly.
- The next step you need to take it to fix the hose to an air compressor. Make sure it is fixed properly so that the medicine is filled in the right manner.
- Thirdly, you need to make sure that the medicine cup is appropriately closed.
- Attach the mouthpiece and hose to the medicine cup
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth and make sure that you keep the lips firm around the mouthpiece so that the medicine reaches to the lungs straightaway.
- Make sure you breathe through the mouth until and unless the medicine is used. This may take about ten to fifteen minutes. If you are unable to breathe through your mouth, you can also use the nose clip.
- Once you are done, make sure the machine is off.
- In the end make sure you wash the medicine cup and keep it clean for further usage.
These are some of the facts you need to keep in mind if you are using a nebulizer. Do not feel confused while using the equipment. Get in touch with the doctor as soon as possible if and when needed. We hope this piece has helped you understand the importance of a nebulizer. Visit your nearest medical store and get a nebulizer is required.