Are you a gamer? And haven’t knowledge of How to Use a USB Microphone on Xbox One then this article is going to be worth reading and will give you the answers to all of your quires.
Before going to the main topic for better understanding we should first know about USB microphone and Xbox One.
What is USB Microphone
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus. USB mics use the plug and play technology. Now a day’s USB technology is becoming very popular because of its easy setup, it starts working when we plug it into the USB port, which saves our cost to buy other supporting gadgets.
USB Mics have many uses like Gaming, Podcasts, video voiceovers, interviews, recording music, etc.
If you are a gamer and using Xbox one, and want to know what microphone do youtubers use then no one can beat the USB mics because it has all the necessary pieces of equipment which are required.
How do USB Microphones works
USB mics work like other mics with one main difference of built-in audio interfaces. If we understand the working of a typical microphone then it will be easier for us to know how USB mics work.
Microphones are transducers (a device that converts one form of energy into a different form of energy) that convert mechanical wave (sound waves) energy into electrical energy (analog audio signals).
In addition to the above, USB mics have analog to digital converter which amplifies and convert the analog audio signals into digital signals.
What is an Xbox One
Xbox is a video gaming brand of Microsoft. The Xbox One is the eighth generation game console of Microsoft. Microsoft defines Xbox one as “All in one entertainment”. Xbox One came into the market in 2013 and it is the third member of the Xbox series, the other two are Original Xbox and Xbox 360.
With the help of Xbox One, subscribers can play online games with other subscribers.
It can be attached to any electric displaying device like TV and PC and it starts working when we plug it into the displaying device. It is very famous among teens and adults due to its easy to use quality.
Components in Xbox One
- Xbox One Console
- 2 AA batteries
- 1 HDMI cable
- Power Cord
- Xbox One wireless controller
Xbox One Specification
|Type||Video game console|
|Release date||22 November 2013|
|Media||Blue-ray, DVD, CD|
|Operating system||Xbox OS, Windows custom Kernel, and a hypervisor|
|Hard disc||500GB, 1TB|
|Processor||AMD Jaguar 1.8 GHz 8-core|
|Graphics||AMD GCN Radeon 853 MHz|
|USB||3 USB 3.0 Ports|
Pros of Xbox One
- Offline Games: Games could be played on a Local area network instead of a console. On Windows 10 devices game consoles could be played.
- Smooth frame rate: It has a 4k Blu-ray player which gives a smooth viewing experience.
- Sharing of Screenshots and Video Clips: Users can share gaming screenshots and videos on social media.
- Multitasking: It is multitasking, users can open many screens and perform many tasks at one time.
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface: Xbox one is user-friendly and easy to use, has different tabs for Home, store, community, and entertainment.
- Kinect sensor: It is a depth-sensing camera by which the user can give voice commands.
- Cloud services: It gives users unlimited cloud storage services and allows connecting with one drive account.
Cons of Xbox One
- Expensive: It is more expensive as compared to other products available in the market.
- Paid services: It’s not a free gaming device; users have to pay to enjoy services.
- Privacy issue: It is very vulnerable to hacker’s attacks. They can get your data which is stored in Microsoft servers.
- Does not support virtual reality: It does not support virtual reality because it is built in 4K Blue-ray.
Now we have got the basic knowledge about the USB mics and Xbox one, let’s move to our main topic.
Set up USB microphone on Xbox One
USB microphones are the first choice for gamers and for playing Xbox with friends. Usually, Xbox One’s wireless controller comes with a USB port of size 3.5mm. USB microphone with standard size can easily be connected to an Xbox One gaming console. Steps for knowing “How to use a USB microphone on Xbox one” are as follows:
- Placement of Console: It could be placed either horizontally or vertically but a stand will be needed when we placed it vertically. It should be placed on a stable surface that is cool and not so warm.
- Connect the console to any displaying device: Connect one part of the HDMI cable to HDMI out port of the console, and another part of the HDMI cable to HDMI input on your TV or monitor.
- Connect your set-top box(STB) to the Xbox Console (Optional) Set-up box is connected to the Xbox console to control live TV content through Xbox One by disconnecting the HDMI cable that connects TV to STB and connect the cable to HDMI IN port on the console.
- Connect the console to your Modem or router (for wired connection only): The router or modem is connected to a networking port with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the console to Kinect sensor ( Optional ): ): Xbox Kinect adaptor will be needed to use Xbox One Kinect Sensor. It connects the Kinect sensor to the console.
- Plugin the power supply or power cord. Plug one part of the power cord into the leftmost part of the console and another part into an electrical outlet.
- Connect USB microphone to Xbox One:
- First place the stereo headset adapter in the controller’s extension port.
- Connect the stereo headset to the 3.5mm jack of the adapter.
- Adjust the volume of the mic by using the adapter buttons. That’s it
After reading this article I hope now you are well aware of USB microphones, Xbox One, and “How to use USB microphone on Xbox One”. USB microphones are very popular among professional gamers for playing games on Xbox One consoles due to their cost-effectiveness and easy-to-use qualities.