Eyes are the most precious gifts to humanity; they are the gateway to someone souls. However, caring for your eyes requires far more than simply getting the right lenses. To optimize your eyesight, you need to take good care of your custom eyes every day.
The best way to look after your eyes are as follows:
- Eat a Balance Diet-It is important to eat many different foods for good eye health. Try eating green leafy vegetables, as they provide vitamins necessary for good eye sight. You can eat fish that are high in Omega 3, fatty acids, such as salmon, mackerel and halibut.
- Exercise Regularly-Regular exercise can help prevent disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure and higher cholesterol, all of which may result in chronic eye conditions that may harm your eyesight. It is always a good idea to indulge in some form of physical activities for overall health.
- Never Look Directly to Sun-Exposure to the sun can damage your vision and increase your chance of developing cataracts, age-related macular degeneration, inflammation of the cornea (keratitis) or corneal growths. Try avoiding direct sunlight at any cost.
- Limit the use of Electronics Devices- Due to the ongoing lockdown, people are spending way more time in their home and are consuming media more than ever. The best way to protect your eye is to limit the use of mobile, laptop and TVs.
- Pick Your Eyewear Accordingly– Wearing blue-light eyeglasses while working on the pc and UV-protective sunglasses while going outside is good for your eyes.
- Try to have 7-8 Hours of sleep-It is always a good idea to have a sound sleep. Proper sleep gives your eyes the time to heal.
- Clean Your Lenses- Dust can get collected on your lenses, so it is always a good idea to clean them before wearing them.
Pay Attention to the Symptoms
Your eyes allow you to view everything around you, so protecting them is of utmost importance. Frequently, your eyes are mirror to your entire body health, if there is something wrong going inside your body, like diabetes and higher blood pressure, your eyes will show symptoms first. By keeping good care of your eye, you make sure that your entire body is working fine.
Unfortunately, no matter how best we try to keep our eye-safe, we contract some eye diseases. They are hard to catch, but they have few symptoms that we will discuss, and if you have any of the below-mentioned symptoms, you must consult the Best eye doctor in Westchester.
- Red, painful eye or pain in a watch is a crisis
- Double vision
- Trouble seeing items on either side of the visual field
- Trouble telling the gap between colours that happens suddenly
There is no denying the fact that the eyes are the most important organ in the human body. The individual must keep it healthy and pay a visit to the nearest Ophthalmologist in Westchester at least once a year.