King of Kings is a modern praise song. It serves as the lead single from their 28th studio album-Awake. Brook Ligertwood, Scott & Jason wrote the script of that song. It was produced by Michael Guy & Brooke Ligertwood. Hillsong worship is at the forefront of contemporary Christian music. This music encourages millions of believers with magical words & immersing tunes. King of Kings is one of the most recent successes. It has uplifted Christian music to a large extent. It has become an anthem for the followers across the globe.
The compelling words of this song struck a chord in the hearts of a number of people. They began singing every day as a prayer. The significance of this song is increasing with the passage of time. This article will discuss the background, theology, and impact of this song in a detailed manner. Let’s discuss the King of Kings Lyrics in detail:
Background: King of the Kings Lyrics
- Scott Ligertwood told Worship Together. ‘King of Kings’ was written while they gathered in Nashville, Tennessee. Brooke penned the words that focus on the gospel. The birth of the early church while Ingram wrote the tune. Brooke Ligertwood said the gospel is a new reality. It needs a response now. It should never be handled or viewed as a relic. No matter how reverently one may approach it.
- It sits at the crossroads of eternity with beginnings before time & echoes beyond it. Our everyday present, beckoning, urging & demanding that we look to God for help. The Christ who considered themselves the Son of God. They bloodied for your sin & the sin of all humanity. It repents & believes. You’ll be a part of the story of all stories. The story of the King of Kings is so inspiring for the Christian community across the globe.
Motivation Behind King of Kings:
Brooke Ligertwood, Chris Davenport & Scott wrote ‘King of Kings’ dedicated to the Hillsong Worship. The song was inspired by the book of Revelation. It identifies Jesus as the ‘King of Kings’ & the ‘Lord of Lords.’ She wanted to write a song that reflected the power of Jesus. The grandeur is the one who beat death & reigned supreme over all.
Lyrics to King of Kings:
Verse 1: Divine Descent & Humble Birth
In the darkness we were waiting
Without hope without light
Till from heaven You came running
There was mercy in Your eyes
To fulfil the law and prophets
To a virgin came the Word
From a throne of endless glory
To a cradle in the dirt
Praise the Father
Praise the Son
Praise the Spirit three in one
God of glory
Praise forever to the King of Kings
Verse 2: Jesus’ Sacrifice for Redemption
To reveal the kingdom coming
And to reconcile the lost
To redeem the whole creation
You did not despise the cross
For even in Your suffering
You saw to the other side
Knowing this was our salvation
Jesus for our sake You died
Verse 3: Resurrection & Redemption
And the morning that You rose
All of heaven held its breath
Till that stone was moved for good
For the Lamb had conquered death
And the dead rose from their tombs
And the angels stood in awe
For the souls of all who’d come
To the father are restored
Verse 4: Resurrection & Freedom Through Christ
And the Church of Christ was born
Then the Spirit lit the flame
Now this gospel truth of old
Shall not kneel shall not faint
By His blood and in His Name
In His freedom I am free
For the love of Jesus Christ
Who has resurrected me
Exploring the Poetic Language of Lyrics King of Kings
King of Kings lyrics are filled with biblical imagery. The poetic language of this song is wonderful. Let’s look at some of the major terms & their meanings in more detail:
- ‘In darkness, we were waiting, without hope, without light’: This sentence refers to the state of humanity before the arrival of Jesus. We were hopeless & lost. But Jesus brought us light & rescue.
- ‘The heavens roared, the earth stood still’: This sentence references the time when Jesus died on the cross. The earth shook at the time of the crucifixion. It was a moment of immense strength & significance.
- ‘For His love has won our freedom, the Son of God was born in Bethlehem’: This sentence captures the essence of the Christian message. Jesus came to earth to save us from sin & death.
- ‘On the third at the break of dawn, the Son of Heaven rose again’: This line describes the moment when Jesus rose from the dead. He defeated death & renewed the hope of people.
Theology in King of Kings
The dramatic lyrics of ‘King of Kings’ conceal a profound & important religion. Hillsong Worship communicates a number of core teachings of Christianity in this song. Let’s describe these teachings in detail:
‘King of Kings’ tells us about Jesus. It says that Jesus is the ruler of all things. He has the power to defeat death.
Significance of Cross:
The hymn of King of Kings highlighted the significance of the death and thereby resurrection of Jesus. It acts as the basis of the Christian faith.
The Hope of Salvation:
‘King of Kings’ gives hope & comfort to people who are suffering. These hymns remind us that Jesus has won the victory. We must put our trust in Jesus.
Impact of King of Kings
- ‘King of Kings’ has been a favorite worship hymn for churches. There’re number of people across the globe who’ve deep faith in this. It has been seen a number of times on YouTube. It has motivated people by its clear & strong message.
- Brooke commented in an interview with The Christian Post that he thinks the song is memorable. It’s just that lovely reminder that He is the King of Kings. He is doubtless in the number of times. He has noticed this song on all occasions. It feels like he’s the King of Kings in that period. Nothing else truly matters for him.
‘King of Kings’ is much more than a catchy praise song. The tone of this song spells their audience. It’s a powerful reminder of the love of God. It shows the hope that people have in Christ. This song has touched the hearts of a number of believers with its poetry lyrics. The significant theology & inspires people to adore the one who reigns over everything. ‘King of Kings’ is a tribute to the power of praise. The impact of this song on the lives of people is marvelous. Hillsong Worship continues to lead the way in modern Christian music.
Read More: Rapper King Von