Top Luxury Watch Brands You Should Know: Luxury Watch Buying Guide
All watches are not created equal. Some are not merely instruments to tell time. Let’s look at the world’s most recognized and coveted watch brands that speak of your sophistication and exquisite taste.
- Patek Philippe: Patek Philippe & Co invented the first wristwatch globally and has been a game-changer since the 1930s. It is considered one of the top watchmakers even today and is one of the most beloved by watch enthusiasts everywhere. Some of their most celebrated models are the Nautilus, Aquanaut, World Time, Calatrava, and more.
- Omega: Although not one of the most lavishly priced, Omega SA is one of the more sought-after luxury watches brands. They are known for precise timekeeping because of intensive research and innovation to fight electromagnetic interference. The iconic Seamaster watches have featured in major James Bond films since “The GoldenEye.” NASA qualified the Omega Speedmaster Pro watches were for space missions. Buzz Aldrin popularized this watch (Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch) and increased the brand’s prestige when he wore it on the first-ever lunar mission on the Apollo 11. The other renowned models include the Seamaster series and the Omega Constellation watches.
- Rolex: Rolex is the world’s most recognized watch brand. It is also one of the most valued and collected because of the high resale value. Some of their most popular collections include the Daytona, Submariner, GMT Master II, Datejust, Yacht-Master, Yacht-master II, Day-Date, and others. Rolex is the perfect luxury adventure watch brand. The Rolex Daytona is a racing driver’s watch that calculates elapsed time and average speeds.
- Breguet: Breguet watches have been worn by kings, aristocrats, and people of social influence worldwide. The signature “coined edge” on the watch case’s side in some of their collections gives a luxurious heritage look and makes them instantly recognizable. Some of the more popular collections include the Breguet Marine, the famous Reine de Naples, Breguet Classique, and more.
- Audemars Piguet: Founded in 1875, Audemars Piguet is considered a top watch brand even today. The octagonal bezel with hexagonal screws is the signature look of the watches. The AP Royal Oak series continues to retain its iconic status. It was the first luxury watch created with stainless steel and in a sports watch design. The underwater variant Royal Oak Offshore series is one of the most popular diving watches ever created.