One of Australia’s most well-known lawn grasses is the Sir Walter Buffalo Turf. Since its inception in 1997, over 60 million meters of grass have been sold to over 450,000 Australian homes. It is available at Sydney Lawn And Turf.
It is favored over other grass lawns for the following criteria in addition to being hardy and versatile:
- Sir Walter Buffalo grass does not require replacement. It possesses a self-repairing ability. That permits it to recover even after significant damage, even after a severe drought.
- It uses less water than other popular cultivars and looks great in both full sun and partial shade.
- Its shade tolerance allows it to be used in a variety of settings, making it one of the most cost-effective landscaping features.
- Sir Walter buffalo grass, unlike other famous options like Kikuyu grass, is more pest resistant.
- The leaves of the Sir Walter buffalo are softer, making it excellent for children to play on.
- Because of its poor thatch growing capacity, it requires less lawn maintenance.
Maintaining your Sir Walter buffalo lawn with a regular upkeep schedule can safeguard your investment. In the long term, this saves you cash and time. The following are some lawn maintenance recommendations for your Sir Walter buffalo lawn:
Sir Walter buffalo lawns are ready to cut in 10-14 days after installation. To avoid scalping the new lawn, the first mow should be a simple trim. After that, make sure you mow it on a regular basis to keep thatch levels in check.
Your preferred mowing height is up to you. A mowing height of 50mm is excellent for a spongy lawn. For less thatchy and tight grass, a mowing height of 30mm is advise’s.
While Sir Walter buffalo grass is simple to care for, failing to fertilize. Your lawn will lead it to lose its nutrition and color. Fertilizing the lawn every two months according to the supplier’s suggested treatment. Rates will assist preserve its lushness in places with severely sandy soils.
Fertilizing it in late October, on the other hand, will help retain the color of your grass into the winter. To successfully break down the fertilizer, however, too much fertilizer. It may need costly maintenance, such as regular mowing and increased watering.
In the autumn and spring, water it once a month, but never in the winter. Regular light watering promotes the formation of a shallow root zone. Whereas rarely heavy watering promotes the growth of a deep root system.
Fungal disease infections are less likely if you water your Sir Walter buffalo grass early in the morning rather than later in the afternoon or evening.
4. Wetting Agents Application:-
Wetting agents application is a lawn care procedure. That should have to do at least twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Wetting agents are using to improve the flow of water in the soil.
This is especially useful in areas of Western Australia where the soil is coated with a waxy material that prevents water from flowing freely. Wetting agents dissolve the waxy covering, allowing water to absorb more readily.
Most lawn herbicides will kill or seriously harm your Sir Walter buffalo lawn. Before buying any pesticide, make sure to read the label to verify its security. Use the suggested amounts of herbicide because too much will not only kill the weeds but also harm your lawn.