Tue. May 28th, 2024

Mold is a type of fungus that grows on organic matter. It can be found in both indoor and outdoor environments, but it mainly grows on wet surfaces. Mold reproduces by releasing spores into the air, which are then inhaled or ingested by humans and animals who come into contact with them. If you have an allergy or immune system disorder, you may experience more severe symptoms when exposed to mold spores. This is why it’s crucial that you get your mold facts right, and in his blog post, we will discuss a few myths that you might be believing.

Only black mold is dangerous: Mold is mold, and everyone reacts differently to different types of mold. Some molds are more hazardous than others, but all can cause serious health effects when inhaled or ingested in large quantities over time. Most people believe that only black mold is dangerous and only black mold needs to be removed. Some molds can be white, grey, or green and still cause health problems.

Mold only grows indoors: Outdoor mold is not as dangerous as indoor mold, but it should be removed nevertheless because it will eventually grow into the house through open doors and windows if left untreated for too long. It’s essential to prevent outdoor growth by maintaining gutters and clearing any standing water that may attract mold spores. You don’t need a professional for every routine inspection. You can buy an anti-mold spray at most hardware stores and apply it yourself with a garden sprayer. If, after one application, there isn’t much improvement, you should call in a professional.

Mold only grows on wet surfaces: You can find mold growing in both dry and damp conditions indoors or outdoors, but it’s most common to see indoor mold growth on moist surfaces. This could be caused by leaks from broken pipes, drains clogged with hair/debris, or excessive humidity, which causes moisture to accumulate behind walls. In cases where high concentrations of molds are found on dry surfaces, prior water damage is probably the culprit. There isn’t a single product that will kill every type of mold – the only way to remove high concentrations of mold is through a professional cleanup.

All molds produce a foul smell: You may notice a strong, musty odor if you have black mold growing inside your home, but not every type of mold has this distinct scent. Depending on the specific species, it may be challenging to detect any noticeable smells until the infestation takes hold. You must identify water damage as early as possible, even if there isn’t an obvious source for moisture present. Since most molds need only one square inch of material, they can rapidly grow to establish themselves indoors.

If you experience a headache or breathing issues, then this is likely an allergy and not related to mold: Mold allergies can worsen when exposed to spores outdoors, but if your symptoms are severe enough that they persist indoors, even in areas where no visible signs of mold are present then it’s best to leave the site immediately. If there is visible growth, then wear proper safety equipment, including gloves, goggles, and a mask for personal protection before attempting any cleaning yourself. Mold damages home goods by releasing acidic particles, so leaving them unattended will only cause more problems down the road! You should also have leaks repaired as soon as possible since moisture breeds spore growth, leading to costly damage over time.

Bleach eradicates mold: Many homeowners swear by bleach for clearing out mold. But what they do not know is that bleach is only suitable for clearing out the live mold, and it doesn’t take care of the entire problem. Bleach is a great way to kill off live mold, but unfortunately, it doesn’t prevent the spores from spreading throughout your home.

Mold can be removed with vinegar: You may have seen some companies advertise that their product removes black mold using only household products. This says nothing about whether or not they remove water damage and treat future growth. These cleaners are basic in nature and usually contain hydrogen peroxide, which does little more than sanitize moldy surfaces. The best approach would be to find a professional with an experienced team and special equipment designed specifically for removing high concentrations of mold.

There is no time limit for how long you can leave moldy materials inside your home:

Leaving moldy materials in an area with high moisture or humidity will only breed more spores, leading to a higher concentration of molds within the air. It’s best not to leave it alone too long because if someone does end up getting sick, then you’ll need immediate medical attention that could have been prevented easily. Also, consider replacing damaged furniture. Even after cleaning, some pieces may still be covered in spores, albeit at lower levels. And while these are not enough to induce severe health problems, you should be aware that any material can become a host for mold spores, including fabrics, gypsum wallboard, and wood.

Mold remediation can be done without hiring a professional: Absolutely not! Mold remediation needs professional attention. Despite what commercial products show off, you cannot DIY mold remediation. If you spot mold of any kind, it’s time to call in a professional.

Mold is a fascinating topic and one that has been misrepresented in the media for years. We hope this post helps you understand what mold is—and how to combat it if it does become an issue in your home or office.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *