Are you facing issues related to QuickBooks? then don’t worry we are here to help you to resolve that. In this article, we discuss the troubleshooting ways to fix the QuickBooks won’t open or Doesn’t start error. You have to read the post until the end to know more about this.
Moreover, before starting the troubleshooting methods we will brief you on the reason behind this error and symptoms of QuickBooks doesn’t start or won’t open. Stick with the article till the end and now let’s start:-
About QB Won’t Open and Why it Occurs?
This error appears on your system when you try to open the QuickBooks desktop company file but failed. You may also get an error message like “QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first” and “QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start”.
However, there are some situations where error messages won’t appear on the screen but the system freezes suddenly. It may also affect the company file and data.
Causes of Won’t Open QuickBooks
Below are the following reason behind QuickBooks won’t open, follow the below-mentioned causes:-
- When the hard disk of your computer is damaged or corrupted.
- The windows operating system is not updated.
- If the QBWUSER.ini file is corrupted.
- When your company name is long.
- If your QuickBooks desktop software installation is not done appropriately.
- The version of QuickBooks is not updated.
- There is an issue with your company file.
- When the windows users do not have full admin access or any other error.
Symptoms of Doesn’t Start QuickBooks
Here are some symptoms that help you to identify the won’t open QuickBooks error on your system:-
- Firstly, when your QuickBooks software freezes or the company file QuickBooks file fails to open.
- If the windows run slowly, this error may encounter.
- The system starts hanging now and then.
- When your system stops/slowly responds to the inputs of your system the keyboard and mouse.
- You are not able to open the QuickBooks.
Important Points Before Resolving
Follow these steps before you start the troubleshooting methods:-
- Update your QuickBooks desktop with the latest released version.
- On your workstations, turn off the hosting.
- Suppressed the QuickBooks desktop application.
- You have to rename the TLG and ND file for the company files.
- Repair the installation of your QuickBooks desktop.
Method to Resolve the QuickBooks Doesn’t Start
Below are the following mentioned steps to follow to fix the error of QuickBooks Won’t Open. Follow all the steps carefully:-
Method 1- Repair the installation of QuickBooks
- Initially, you have to take the backup of your company file and then tap on Next.
- Reboot your system completely.
- Now, go to the start menu and then open the control panel.
- Then, click on the program and features option and again tap on programs.
- In the windows, the list of all the programs opens up.
- Now, search for the QuickBooks programs.
- After that, click on it and choose the uninstall/change options.
- Then, tap on the continue and tap on the Next button.
- Search for the repair button and click on it and the process will start.
- When the repair process is complete successfully then click on Finish.
- Lastly, you have to update the QuickBooks to the latest version.
Method 2- Run Quick Fix my Program
- To run this Quick fix my program you have to firstly download the tool hub on your system.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks program.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub on your system and save the file where you can access it easily.
- Now, move to the folder where you save the downloaded folder.
- Then, click on the .exe file to start the installation of this tool.
- After that, follow all the instructions that appear on your screen to install the tool hub QuickBooks properly.
- When the installation is complete then click on the Finish button.
- Now, move to the desktop and click on the tool hub icon.
- Select the Run as Admin options.
- Then, go to the program problems and click on the Quick Fix my Program.
- This will scan the QuickBooks program and detect the error then fix them.
- Lastly, start the QuickBooks software and open the data file that causes the problem to check for errors.
Method 3- Create Windows User Admin
- To create the local account press and hold the Windows+I key at the same time.
- Then, open the Windows 10 settings and then click on the Accounts tab.
- Move to the other people or family options and select the add someone else options.
- If it asks to enter an email address then click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now, you see Add a user without Microsoft account option and tap on it.
- Then, create a new credential that is a new username and password and tap on Next.
- After that, ensure that to create the new account as an administrator.
- Now, click on the local account that is just newly created on the same account settings.
- Click on the Change Account type option.
- Transform the standard user to administrator from the account type.
- Now, click on the OK button.
- Lastly, reboot the QuickBooks desktop and open the company file to verify the errors.
Method 4- QBW32.exe Process Close
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows taskbar and choose the task manager option to close the QBW32.exe process.
- Then, go to the process tab and then click on the image name.
- Now, search for the exe and select it.
- Lastly, click on the end process to close the exe process and it is complete.
Method 5- QBWUSER.INI File Rename
- First of all, go to the folder wherein files are saved.
- Now, click on the QBWUSER.INI File and click on rename.
- Enter the Insert. old in the last file name and rename the ecml.file.
- Lastly, verify whether the error is still there or not.
Method 6- QuickBooks Installation Suppressing
- Firstly, right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Then, click on the Ctrl key and select the open tab.
- Now, hold the Ctrl key till the No company open window display on your screen.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks desktop.
In this article, we discussed the Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open or Doesn’t Start Error. I hope that all the information and troubleshooting methods will be helpful for you and if there is any issue or want to know more then check out our other posts as well.