Despite being a tumultuous year for the education sector, 2020 has seen a record number of candidates apply for the IBPS exam. This number stands at 1.4 crores. With the dates for the prelims now set, there is a rush to prepare for it and the mains exam that follows it. Both the exams require candidates to present the admit card/hall ticket to enter the exam hall.
There is a process involved in getting those admit cards, which needs to be followed strictly. The IBPS Clerk Mains admit card is provided along with the call letter to the pre-exam usually. 2020’s pandemic situation has changed this regular process, so particulars about it are yet to be updated. It is certain to be released before the scheduled exam on the 24th of January, 2021.
Process Details To Acquire the Admit Card
There are many procedures involved in obtaining the IBPS Clerk Mains admit card. They are detailed on the IBS website and other related sources. They are also present in the instruction documents provided during the application process.
You must qualify in criteria such as age, educational qualification, etc. The mains admit card will be issued once you clear the prelims exams. The call letter will then be issued, after which you’ll be able to download the admit card.
Filling Out the Form
The admit card form will be made available on the IBPS website under a separate section. Here are the steps to get it:
- Open the IBPS website in any browser application like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
- There will be a link provided on the page to get the admit card. It will usually be a statement like “Click Here to Download Online Call Letter For preliminary/Mains exam” or something similar. Alternatively, some third-party educational sites provide the link to this page on their sites as well, which can be used.
- Clicking the link will take you to the page, and an online form will be presented for you to log in. Enter your details like Registration/Roll Number, Password, and Date of Birth.
- A security code/CAPTCHA will appear, which you have to enter in the space provided for verification. Then, click the ‘Login’ button.
- If done correctly, the IBPS Clerk exams admit card will appear bearing your details. Re-verify it and download it using the ‘Download’ button associated with it.
Sometimes, due to website traffic or other reasons, some errors might be encountered. You’ll then have to repeat this process or try after some time. Other times, due to errors on the processing side, your admit card might not be uploaded, and the site might show that it doesn’t exist.
In such circumstances, immediately contact the concerned authorities to have the situation rectified.
Details to Look For On the Card
Below are the details to look for when verifying the contents of your admit card:
- Candidate’s Address
- Date Of Birth
- Exam Duration
- Exam Name
- Registration/Roll Number
- Time To Report
- Space For Sign and Thumb Impression
- Space For Photograph
- Venue Details
Make sure that all of these are present, as you won’t be admitted if even one is missing. Some glitches might cause some of them to go missing, so be thorough with your verification.
Getting the Hard Copy
The downloaded admit card will have to be printed out and any remaining details filled out. It must be carried and presented to the inspector before entering the exam hall.
Some other documents for ID and address verification have to be carried as well. These are present on the site. In case of loss/misplacement, duplicates will not be issued, so keep the card safe.
The IBPS Mains is a big step to get a life-changing job, and the IBPS Clerk Mains Admit Card is your ticket to it.