Security policy refers to some living documents that remain unfinished and undergoes changes through a process called “security policy change”. It acts as the security of a system or any organization. It limits the flow of functions and helps us to access data by any external systems. It demonstrates a written document that protects an organization from any threat including computer security.
Uses of security policy –
The security policy has many uses that can be explained as follows –
- It helps in identifying the assets of an organization and threats associated with the assets.
- It helps us to preservethe integrity and the confidentiality of information of an organization.
- It provides well-defined, clear plans, and rules that help us to get access tothe system of an organization.
- Helps to manage accounts used by employees of an organization.
Security policy change –
To cope up with the evolution of cybersecurity, security policy undergoes a certain change that depends on the following criteria–
- The policy change occurs after the identification of risk and impacts of stakeholders. It helps to save time and effort as it prevents rework.
- The change takes place after the evaluation of risk factors and the assessment of business impact.
- The success of policy change depends on the involvement of leaders in the decision-making process of an organization. The executives of a company will not accept the policy till their leader embrace it.
- The security policy change depends on proper planning of implementation and mode of communication of the policy to the operational groups or other users.
- Changes in policy depend on proper awareness through periodic reminders.
What is FireFlow? –
FireFlow denotes an automation policy that helps in the easy processing of changes made in security policy. It helps to eliminate guesswork, thus saves time and also reduces risk. The process of security policy change includes design, analysis, implementation, validation, and submission of policy, and FireFlow helps in automation of this process.
Uses of Fireflow – The FireFlow have various uses as explained below –
- It helps the entire policy process with zero-touch automation technology. It helps to implement changes in policy automatically.
- It helps in updating firewall rules and designs through the discovery of applications and other rules. It automatically closes the unnecessary and discretionary change requests.
- It correlates the change requests with the actual changes made and thereby helps to implement the change requests successfully
- It helps in identifying and analysis of risks and helps to follow corporate standards.
- It allows us to manage the policy changes with our existing systems and processing the firewall changes accurately.
- It causes to migrate to different data and application centers.
- FireFlow also allows us to employ applications securely and permit us to manage the connectivity.
Final thoughts –
The management of policy change of network security emerged as a matter of concern that consumes a lot of time and often seems like a complex process for many organizations. The solution to this problem follows the usage of FireFlow that provides an end-to-end response to the problem.