Are you considering, doing your Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand? If your answer is ‘yes’, that is a very good idea. Every country has positives and negatives. However if you compare some of the features, you will definitely come to the conclusion, that Chiang Mai, in Thailand is one of the best places, to do your yoga teacher training. If you have already been there as a tourist, you would know about the natural beauty of the place. It is, without a doubt, one of the best natural wonders. The verdant forests, highlands, hills, and temples, make it a very divine place to be at.
That is why many people head there after retirement. Let us find out what gives that ultimate push, to help you to decide on Thailand as a destination for your yoga practice.
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Thailand has a very rich and colorful history that will take you back at least by 2,000 years. Yoga also traces its lineage to the old times. When you visit the temples in Thailand, and also meet the monks, you will realize that there is a certain serenity around you. Chiang Mai is one of the best places for yoga, worth mentioning. Another great thing about the place is that it is cheaper than South Thailand. And who can forget all those delicious foods? The Thai have their food raw, blanched, marinated, or lightly tossed in oil. Moreover, you get to gorge on fresh veggies alongside the sautés. So, that is something similar to the Sattvic diet, that yogis have. It goes without saying, that the birthplace of Yoga is India. Particularly Rishikesh city in Uttarakhand state is known as the world capital of Yoga. However, the yoga tourism is at its height at the moment, especially in Chiang Mai. So, you can always spend some days training there. Many of the places in the suburbs of Thailand, are still untouched by mass tourism. You can join the classes by Yoga Vidya Mandiram in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Training away from home is a great way to unwind.
You will be able to find all kinds of yoga classes there. Chiang Mai is the hot spot for the ancient science. That is the reason, why most westerners are heading there for the 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand. Moreover, Thailand is also high on the happiness and smiling quotient. So, you might spot people smiling for no reason. Yoga is about the mind and the soul, so what better way, than to smile? Now, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind, before you head to Thailand for Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand. Let us find out more about them.
What To Consider Before You Head There?
Now that you are ready for a transformational journey, there are things that you need to keep in mind.
- Thailand is a beautiful country with the weather also differing a lot in the North and in the South. So, you should carry breathable clothes that are airy and not too tight. You will be practicing yoga for long hours mostly inside the retreat. However, there is a good chance, that you will also go for yoga excursions. So, wear light, so that you can move and contort your body easily. Carry cardigans for the cooler evenings in the hills. The high season from October to January is especially chilly.
- You should carry a light scarf with you, as headgear for the daytime. It will save you from the sun. Additionally, some temples require you to cover your Shoulders, while you enter there. The scarf can also protect you in the evening, from the chilly breeze. Apart from scarves, do remember to carry winter wear. Chiang Mai is a hilly destination, so you might want to cover up in the evenings.
- It is always better to carry your shoes, when you are heading towards Chiang Mai, as you have to walk a lot. You might be game for some wild hikes along the hilly terrains there. So, walking around comfortably is a good thing, in closed shoes. For yoga class, you can carry flip-flops.
- Additionally, carry your phone for some good clicks on the hilly terrain amidst rocks and caves. You can always show them to your friends and family back home. It also serves as an inspiration for your future students. You can use them on social media, as well for advertisement purposes. A good quality camera can also do the trick.
Apart from the above, you should always carry your personal belongings, medicines, yoga mats, and water bottles. Additionally, visit Thailand for yoga, with an open mind and heart.
The Program Highlights
The 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training In Thailand conducted by Yoga Vidya Mandiram is one of the most elaborate courses, that you can lay your hands on, in Chiang Mai. There are short-term as well as long-term courses. Retreat options are also available.
Moreover, you will be imbibing some of the values of the school. They include:
- Ahimsa – The school practices non-violence in all the activities. It is also quite essential for sadhana and salvation. You will be encouraged to go about your daily duties, holding the principles of ahimsa, close to your heart.
- Selfless Service – It is another highlight of the course. Hold the principle of seva, and give it importance while going about your daily chores. This will make your path obstacle-free.
- Patience – It is the key to greater enlightenment. Utilize the greatest wisdom, to get ahead in life. Practice patience in all that you do.
- Atmosphere – The school treats the students and teachers as one big family. So, when you start your course in Thailand, you can feel that closeness and familiar vibes, from the beginning. The school also encourages harmonious living, where you live and let live. This is the guiding force for yoga practice in Thailand.
Chiang Mai offers authentic Thai culture. Moreover, the Yoga Alliance certification adds more weight to the training. You will be witness to all-around development, not only in the sphere of yoga, but in life, in general. You can enjoy the bliss that sages enjoy. Furthermore, the school stresses on yogic living style during the classes. So, you can choose very basic accommodation. When you let go of things, they come back to you manifold. You must enjoy the training in Thailand and get ready for a holistic life ahead of you. So, without delay choose the best training in Thailand.