Lavender is a common type of plant known for its physical attractiveness. This lilac flower is used to make a wide range of incredible products like essential oils, soaps, and scents. It is also the source for one of the most common organic teas in the market known by the same name.
Lavender tea is made from the small purple or lilac buds of the flowering plant. This plant is native to the areas around the Mediterranean Sea and Southern Europe. The plant is also commonly grown in the Middle East and several other Asian nations. Currently, the drink is used in several parts of the world because of its numerous benefits. This type of drink is made up of an effective combination of calcium, iron, phenolic compounds, and vitamin A. These components work together to provide numerous health benefits.
Ways in which drinking this type of drink can help improve your mental health
Below are some of the top reasons why this product is a great tea for mental health.
It helps promote relaxation
The most common and obvious mental health benefits of this type of drink are that it promotes relaxation. For a long time, people from different parts of the world have used lavender for its aromatherapy effects on the body. These effects help to alleviate stress. It also helps significantly with anxiety.
Stress and anxiety are two of the most common mental health problems in the world. With both symptoms eliminated by taking lavender tea, you can live a healthier and happier life. A study published in a 2016 Iranian Nursing Research showed how this type of drink helped more than 140 women keep from suffering postpartum depression, anxiety, and stress.
The tea acts as a cure for insomnia
One of the main primary benefits of drinking this type of tea is that it helps people with sleeping disorders. The drink acts as a cure for insomnia. It has some sedative properties which may help you feel relaxed and fall asleep easier. It works by first relaxing your body hence putting you in a conducive state to fall asleep. Additionally, the lavender flower has a great influence on the body’s nervous system. Therefore, when you take it, it can be an ideal choice for aromatherapy.
For this reason, traditionally, herbal medics would recommend this type of tea for patients with sleep disorders. Note that sleep is often associated with more significant mental challenges. Lack of enough sleep can trigger issues like depression and anxiety. Therefore, by curing your insomnia, this type of drink can help prevent such mental health challenges.
This tea relieves headaches and migraines
Headaches and migraines are usually symptoms of some of the most common mental health disorders like stress. Therefore, this type of drink offers mental health benefits by relieving headaches and migraines. Lavender works by calming the nervous system and slows down the cardiovascular system. Doing so releases the constricted blood vessels that usually cause pressure in the head, resulting in headaches and migraines. For this reason, lavender is a great solution to this problem.
The tea helps relieve stress
This type of organic tea also acts as a relief for stress. It has some natural soothing qualities which combine with its active components to help alleviate chronic stress. It is also a great solution for anxiety. It works by stimulating the release of neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters offset excess stress hormones within the body. By doing so, this drink helps prevent mental exhaustion, which may trigger chronic stress. This drink has also been associated with analgesic effects. This means that it can help desensitize the body and mind from painful stimuli. By doing so, it is an effective solution to stress.
Other health benefits of this drink are:
- It promotes a healthier digestive system. It does this because it is packed with essential oils sourced from the flowers of the lavender plant. These essential oils help treat stomach irritation and other discomforts related to the digestive system.
- It is anti-inflammatory. This means that it contains anti-inflammatory effects because it has various antioxidants.
- It is great for your hair and skin. It helps prevent hair loss and treat dandruff. It also helps promote smooth and healthy skin.
- Among the benefits of green tea, we mention its slimming power. This effect occurs in the context of a low-calorie diet, as stated by scientific research
How to make this type of tea
Making this drinking tea is as easy as the following steps.
- Boil some water in a pot. In this post, we recommend 8 oz of water. However, the amount of water you use depends on how much tea you want to make.
- Get a couple of tea bags. One would be enough for the amount of water mentioned above. If you do not have tea bags, you can use loose leaf tea or use four fresh lavender buds to make a tea ball or sachet.
- Place the sachet, ball, or bag into a teacup with the boiled water.
- Allow it to steep for about 10 minutes, depending on the quantity. As it steeps, you should start to smell the sweet aromatic fragrance of the plant. From there, you can enjoy the tea. Note that this drink features a distinctive flavor, which is also one reason it is very popular among tea lovers.
You can get this type of tea from an online tea and coffee shop of your choice. However, if you decide to buy lavender tea online, you need to make sure you make the right choice of store. Consider the experience, customer reviews, benefits of the product, and price.