Buying a conveyor system sounds good only when you are in construction and have similar requirements for a long time. So now, before discussing further, the primary question here is whether you are in the industrial or construction business. Your profession here decides your purchase. If you are not in construction, we recommend using a conveyor hire.
Further, if you are already considering using a conveyor system, you must have some questions. Such as how to deal with the repair and management or which type of conveyor will best suit your business.
Well, you are at the right place! Let’s explore everything related to hiring conveyors.
Conveyors are ideal for transporting goods and heavy materials across different sites. They are quite efficient when it comes to carrying materials. They are the perfect piece of machinery to help transport goods quickly and efficiently. The materials include bricks, tiles, stones, heavy machinery, huge objects, boxes, etc. One of the most common places where you must have seen a conveyor is an airport or its checking points.
Commonly, you will find them at building or construction sites. The challenging surface of work locations is the sole reason why they are always in demand at such places. They come in numerous sizes, at different price ranges, and for various purposes. There are two types of conveyors: one is powered, and the other is non-powered, in short manual. Let’s talk about powered ones. The conveyor type depends on the material, size, and weight.
There are numerous types of conveyors, and they all have different functions. For example, a chain conveyor uses a chain system to transport goods across the facility. Conveyors commonly consist of pulleys, belts, rollers, or chains. They have different power sources and features, too. The main purpose of a conveyor is to eliminate the need for manual labor for carrying heavy goods.
Hiring a conveyor system is better. Here’s why?
With the help of the Right Conveyor Hire, the job becomes easy and fun. Conveyors can either be electric, motor or run on petrol. They can suit any requirement. As you read before, they have different price ranges, lengths, sizes, and power sources.
Buying a conveyor system is generally expensive. Hence, hiring is the right decision. You do not have to worry about overall maintenance, throwing it away when it’s old, or buying a new one. There are various hiring companies, and they sometimes come with some set-up or maintenance fees.
In addition to the cost of buying, you also have to consider the safety of the conveyor. You can use it for heavy tasks, but they can be dangerous if improperly handled.
Main purpose of conveyors
- Conveyors help to move solid commodities.
- They mainly work for industries or at construction sites.
- They lift and carry raw goods and heavy objects like bricks, stones, etc. Such systems are common in industries, warehouses, or near building sites.
- They transport large quantities of materials over rough surfaces easily.
- They are safe to use and ensure the safety of others from potentially dangerous work environments.
- It helps finish work on time. It meets every technical requirement.
- They also make construction sites safer by eradicating the need for manual labor for heavy lifting.
- Using a conveyor system saves time. It is less expensive and eliminates the need for manual work.
Different types of conveyors
Choosing the right conveyor hire is important as you will find them in abundance in the market. Some commonly used types include belts, overheads, and rollers. Before hiring a conveyor, you should know about the varieties available in the market. Check some of the widely used conveyors:-
- Chain conveyors– They usually transport light goods or materials. People use chain conveyors in industrial fields. These are similar to slat conveyors. They carry objects around a facility. Here, they keep the material on one side. Later, transport them to the other side.
- Conveyor Belts – Conveyor belts use electricity or motor power as their fuel, mainly working horizontally. They are similar to chain conveyors and carry materials in and around the facility from one end to the other. They have a metal plate bed for support; sometimes, you find them covered with a textile surface.
- Roller Conveyors- These conveyors are mainly for shuffling items by gravity, motor power, or manually. They are usually found in warehouses or at construction sites. They work with lightweight goods.
- Elevator conveyors– This conveyor defines that one should never go by what the name is. Although its name is Elevator, this is not a lift that is coming to your mind. An elevator conveyor transports goods from one level to the other. Of course, it is with better speed and precision. You can see them on the skyscraper building sites or where goods are being lifted.
- Slat conveyors- Slat conveyors or Aprons are of wood or metal plates. This system uses chains and a slat to carry objects. Such types of conveyors lift heavy loads. They are commonly seen in production companies or during an assembly process. Slats are straight and convey products from one end to another.
- Bucket elevators/conveyors- Bucket conveyors are attached to a pulley, chains, or belts to convey goods. As the name states, this system comprises upright containers. They work well in production facilities or at construction sites. They can contain materials like cement, wet materials, sugar, etc. They can carry goods both vertically and horizontally.
Benefits of using Conveyor systems
- Low labor cost– Using a conveyor is cost-efficient. Using manual labor is more tiring and expensive. Workers can get sick, tired, or even hurt at such sites. But machines do not get sick. They are on time and work more efficiently. You do not require many people to transport one heavy object. Instead, you will spend less on labor and get the work done quickly—no need to worry about the workers’ salaries or their strikes anymore.
- Higher output and productivity– Humans have a limited energy capacity, but machines work smoothly for a long. They can work 24/7. All they need is some maintenance, and they are good to go. Wear and tear are common, but conveyors are much stronger. You will hit the deadline on time and get work done more efficiently. Conveyors have great capacity and can work on different fuels, too. With the latest technology, they are performing better every day.
- Time-saving– Conveyors save time and work faster. They are available for different functions and additional properties. Work becomes seamless with their ability to work on rough surfaces, transport goods from high-rise levels, and their flexibility of speed and size. All the features mentioned above minimize downtime. There are fewer errors, as they streamline your work- making it easy to be on schedule.
- More safety – Using machinery for risky sites like construction is safer than employing humans. There is always a risk to health and safety, especially with all the heavy materials and construction around. Industrial sites mostly involve hazardous chemicals, putting workers at a health risk. With machinery, there is no such risk involved. You no longer have to worry about your employee’s health, capacity, and safety.
- Flexible – Conveyor systems can work on the floor, the ceilings, and on different levels of the work location. Depending on the specific equipment, conveyors can be vertical or horizontal. It can change height or size, go reverse, and more. Moving items from one level to the next sounds like a piece of cake with it.
Conveyors are said to be the most flexible type of machinery. They are perfect for transportation. You will find conveyors in numerous fields, such as construction, production, and more. Whether you want to use it for other tasks or lift heavy-weight materials, it comes as the best solution.
They are very popular in industries where construction and packaging take place. After all, the main purpose behind a conveyor is to add relief. Its purpose is to transport items and reduce manual blunders and environmental hazards.
We recommend hiring a conveyor system if you are working in the industrial or construction business. With all the benefits we know, using conveyors will reduce work pressure and process your load more systematically.
As exciting and easy as it sounds, they also require proper check-ups. To increase productivity, the conveyor must be specific for the purpose and installed properly. Before hiring a conveyor, read all the instructions and follow the safety precautions. Remember, a small negligence may invite big trouble!