Getting your house renovated? If the answer is a resounding YES, then you must read the full post. The most important decision is to choose a wall paint colour. On second thoughts, majority of the people have started questioning whether a wallpaper is better than paint. We would much like to point out the differences.
Transforming the spaces in your home is easy with new furniture, but the walls play an important role. If you are opting for a contemporary theme, there are certain light-coloured yet trendy wallpapers to choose from. Then, there are people who would opt for a simple white colour paint because it looks classy.
As a home owner, you want your home to look beautiful and unique. Maler Staubo has been beautifying homes and they believe that it boils down to the personal preference of the home owners.
Now let us take a quick look at the pros and cons of both pain and wallpaper.
The Pros and Cons of Installing a Wallpaper
Opting for a pretty wallpaper could have several benefits. Wallpapers come in several colours and there are funky prints to choose from. But it does come with certain drawbacks too.
- Wallpapers are durable and kids cannot damage these easily.
- Most of the varieties can be scrubbed. In case there is a splash of spices or wine, patrons can scrub off the mark.
- You do not have to wait for days to get the work done. Adhesives are used for sticking the wallpaper.
- If your bathroom and kitchen is prone to seepage, then the wallpaper may tear off. You need a solid wall with no seepage to keep it intact.
- It is slightly expensive as compared to wall paint.
The Pros and Cons of Wall Paint
There was a time when wallpapers did not exist. However, they have been around for quite some time. Wall painting is cheaper than wallpaper installation, but it has some major benefits too.
- Paint is easy to apply and the finishing will be as per your liking
- If you want something different on your walls, go for textured painting.
- It is cheaper than wallpaper installation.
- When the walls get damaged or stained, one has to repaint and redo the painting process.
The Final Verdict
Patrons have a combination of both paint and wallpaper. You can have one wall with wallpaper and the others can be painted with a solid colour. How does that sound?
Malerstaubo believes that both painting and wallpaper installation have their own share of benefits and drawbacks.
It all boils down to one question – What would you want? If it fits your budget, opt for both! You do not need to install wallpapers on every wall of your home. It can be extremely expensive. Go for a combination of both and save big bucks.
This will allow you to get the best of both worlds. Make sure you choose a good print and a beautiful solid colour!