In the corporate world, it is important that you demonstrate your capabilities in order to set yourself apart from your colleagues. Even with the experience, it is better to have a certified project management training like PMP that can validate your knowledge and skill set. This will help boost your career prospects and make a smooth transition into the Project Manager role. PMP professionals are preferred by recruiters and are paid handsomely for their ability to drive key business insights.
With the PMP certification, you will be able to go for different roles. The different teams that handle the project must work under the purview of a Project Manager. The objectives of the team must be aligned with the objectives of the business. That is why it is the responsibility of the upper-level management to help the professionals get the required leadership abilities and managerial skills.
For the project team, organizations must engage themselves in different roles performing their duties as per the job requirements. In order to make the project successful, every member needs to have a clear vision of the project and an understanding of the coherent and unified target. So, it is important that all the team members have PMP-aligned skills, not just the Project Manager. Therefore, PMP training is essential.
How can PMP training help you?
PMP certification will open doors to multiple opportunities for you. It can be considered as the first step towards your career in top management. With the training, you will be able to upgrade your skills. Here are a few other benefits of the PMP training:
- Career Growth – Top head-hunters and big corporations are always looking for certified and capable managers. The PMP training will help you enhance your skills by providing you with the right knowledge and tools for executing the projects in a flawless manner.
- Marketability – With the PMP certification in your CV, you will be able to exponentially increase your professional marketability. Also, it provides an official seal to your managerial experience. When you network with other PMP-certified professionals, it will increase the probability of you landing your dream job.
- Improved Project Performance – As a PMP-certified professional, you will have expertise in different business processes like initiating, planning, and executing a project. An in-depth understanding of best practices and critical procedures such as risk management can lead to overall improved productivity and better team performance.
What are the different Job Opportunities after PMP training?
There are different roles in a team, depending on the stature and size of the project, that you can go for as a PMP-certified professional:
- Project Manager – They are the ones with the overall responsibility of the project.
- Assistant/Associate Manager – They are responsible for providing project managers with suitable suggestions and options. They also take the lead during the absence of the manager.
- Team leads – In case of a very big project, the teams might get divided into small groups. Each group will then fall under the purview of a team leader or an acting manager who will be leading the team as per the supervisor manager’s instructions.
- Project Engineers/Executives – Every project needs a project engineer or an executive who must work as per the specific instructions provided by the project manager.
- Software developers – Their role is perfectly described by their title. Their job is working on software development for the purpose of the team’s project.
- Technical Project Manager – They are responsible for tackling any technical issues or matters.
- Project Delivery Manager – Their job involves working on the presentation and closing of the project.
- Business Analyst – A Business Analyst is responsible for analysing the market and then using their findings to pitch the production.
As a Project Manager, you will lead the team with all the knowledge and expertise you have. However, you must also understand the work held by each member of the team. It is your job to conduct the process on the united front. You will get the help of the assistant project manager in aspects like scheduling. However, they have much less authority than you. Project Managers work at the top spot. If you want to work in the role of a project manager, you should go for the PMP certification training.
What are the top-paying jobs for PMP-certified professionals?
With your PMP certificate, you are demonstrating your knowledge, skillset, and experience in creating a successful project. It is a globally recognized certification that gives you the ability to deliver high-quality projects on time and under budget. With such skills, you can expect a handsome package. Here are the top-paying jobs you can go for as a PMP-certified professional:
- Project Management professional in pharmaceutical departments
In the US, the average annual income of a project management official in a pharmaceutical department is around $132,000. You will work with researchers, engineers, and doctors for ensuring the success of the projects.
- Project Management professional in managing resources
PMP-certified professionals who work in industries like petroleum, mining, agriculture, natural gas companies, and others can make around $129,368 per year.
- Project Management professionals in Consulting Project Management
The average annual salary of a PMP-certified professional working as a consultant is about $129,208.
- Aerospace Project Manager
The salary of an Aerospace Project Manager is about $121,923 per year.
- Engineering Project Management professional
An engineering Project Management professional can earn an average annual salary of $121,769.
PMP candidates are in demand in the technical as well as the business sector. The human resources department knows the value of this certification and prefers certified candidates over their non-certified counterparts.
The rise of the internet and digital media has led to an increase in new ventures and expansion of new horizons. The companies want PMP-certified professionals to help them take advantage of these new opportunities. The top market players are looking forward to hiring candidates with a displayable profile and improved skillset. You can say that PMP certification is the key to proving your ability in the job market and making a permanent mark on it.