Thu. May 23rd, 2024

If you have ever moved, there is a very good chance that you have already used a mail forwarding service in some way shape or form.  If you are planning on moving and would like to get all of your mail forwarded to your new address, a mail forwarding service is going to do exactly that.  While you may still receive some junk mail, you are going to want to use a mail forwarding service to make sure that you don’t miss out on any of the important mailings that you may receive from the IRS, any type of health care information that your insurance company may need to send you, your paper bills and other statements, checks, magazines that you have paid for, federal notices such as jury duty, journals, and anything else that you may be receiving in your mail.

As mentioned earlier, if you are going to be changing your place of residence and would like to still receive your mail without any hiccup in delivery, a mail forwarding service is going to be able to do exactly this for you.  And to clarify, a mail forwarding service is going to be a service that will allow you to continue to get your mail to your new home once you have moved out of your old one.

Can’t I Make Everything Paperless?

While the technology available to you now is simply incredible, going paperless is only going to work with some of your mail.  For example, there are actually several things that are done only through paper mail.  These include:

  • Notices from the IRS such as bills and other tax info
  • Your social security info, checks and benefits
  • INS notifications about immigration
  • Debit and credit cards
  • If you are getting a passport
  • Your drivers license
  • Notices about jury duty
  • Handwritten cards and notes from friends and family

How Exactly Does a Mail Forwarding Service Work?

Essentially, when you are moving from your current address to a new address, your mail is one of the things that must move with you.  While you can go and spend some time informing everybody who sends you any mail about your new address, you can also just utilize the mail forwarding service DakotaPost that will simply be able to forward all of your mail to your new residence by filling out a quick change of address form with the United States Post Office, pending that your new residence is still within the United States.

Moving Inside the United States

When you are moving and want to update your address, all you need to do is visit your local post office and fill out a change of address form or go online to their website and do it there.  When you do this, you will have two different options to choose from:


  • A permanent change of address
  • A temporary change of address


Depending upon what your ultimate plan is, you would select the option that best suits your needs.  Once you have done this, you will have successfully have set up your mail to be forwarded to your new residence.


By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *