While using the Quickbooks application, users may encounter different errors. These errors can occur sometimes because of incorrect user inputs or incorrect settings and sometimes these are purely technical issues. One of such technical issues is Quickbooks error code PS-77. This usually occurs when the settings of your system are incorrect and may not be configured properly. This issue may not be that easy to resolve but is not impossible. Quickbooks error code PS077 is encountered when you are trying to update the payroll or the tax table on the system. This post is all about what Quickbooks error code PS077 is and how you can resolve it. So, keep reading to know in detail.
How to Identify Quickbooks Error Code PS077
To identify the Quickbooks error code PS077, here are some of the symptoms that you can look for. Check out the complete list below.
- The user will not be able to download any latest payroll update on the system.
- While updating the tax table, the process may not even start or get stuck in between.
- Next, you may also get the error prompt on the system.
- If your system starts freezing without any reason and more frequently, it is one of the common symptoms of Quickbooks update errors.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error PS077
So, now before we list all the methods to resolve the issue, here are all the reasons for which you can encounter the issue.
- The very common reason for this issue is that the tax table is damaged or corrupted by the system.
- In case the Quickbooks company file that you are trying to use is corrupted.
- You may have not registered properly on the Quickbooks application.
- In case all the billing details mentioned are out of date.
Points to Remember
Here are some points that you need to keep in mind while performing all the solutions. These steps can affect how the solutions will work. Check out all the points below.
- The very first thing that you will have to do is to make sure that you have a valid subscription to the Quickbooks payroll.
- You will then have to check the billing information that you have entered. If it is not correct, you need to update it and make sure it is correct.
- Next, you need to ensure to keep the Quickbooks application updated to the latest version.
- Ensure that you have installed only the version of Quickbooks on your system.
- Also, you will have to try to repair the Quickbooks application to avoid any complications.
- Back up your Quickbooks company file before implementing any solution.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code PS077
Now, you are aware of all the things concerning Quickbooks Error PS077. You can now resolve the issue. Below we have listed and explained all the ways that you can use to fix Quickbooks error PS077.
Solution 1: Download Latest Tax Table
- For this, you will first have to remove the existing tax table from your system and also, get rid of other installations.
- Next, you will have to hover to the Help tab in the Quickbooks application and then from the menu, choose to update the Quickbooks application.
- You will then have to choose to reset the Quickbooks update.
- Now, attempt to download the latest payroll tax table on the system.
- After this, you will have to sort the list of users and verify data.
- When done, you will have to proceed with clean uninstalling the application in the selective startup mode.
- In the end, attempt to update your tax table.
Solution 2: Run Desktop Software Repair
- To start with, you will have to open the control panel on your system. In the control panel, you will have to tap on the program and features option.
- You can also choose the option to uninstall a program.
- A list of all the installed applications will then appear on the screen.
- You will have to click on the Quickbooks application and then choose to uninstall option.
- Now, in the uninstall prompt, you will have to choose the repair option rather than uninstall option.
- After this, follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the repair process.
Solution 3: Check Billing Details
- For this, you will have to tap on the F2 Key on your keyboard.
- A prompt with all the information regarding the Quickbooks application will appear on the screen.
- You will then have to look for the product details and description.
- When done, in the billing information entered, check if the information is correct or not.
Solution 4: Disable UAC
Now, if the UAC settings are turned ON, you may encounter different update errors like Quickbooks error PS077 or Quickbooks update error 15106. So, the next method that we suggest you follow is to disable UAC on your system. You can then turn it on again when the update process will complete.
Update errors in Quickbooks can occur because of different reasons and resolving those errors can be a bit tricky. With all the methods mentioned above, you will be able to fix Quickbooks error PS077 easily. We hope that the article has helped you. However, if you continue facing the same issue, you may have to consult an expert.