Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) conducts the Rajasthan VDO Examination in 2021. This exam is conducted for recruiting the Village Development Officers or called Gram Vikas Adhikari. A total of 3896 vacancies have been released by the government of Rajasthan for this post.
Village Development Officers or Gram VikasAdhikariare the government officials who are known to maintain peace and order in rural areas. Here you can check out the best books to cover the Rajasthan VDO syllabus.
- The exam is objective type(MCQ) based and will be conducted in an offline mode.
- A total of 100 MCQs from different subjects.
- The total duration of the exam will be of 2hours.
- Each question carries 2 marks and 1/3rd will be deducted for wrong answers.
Eligibility criteria for this exam
You should meet one of the following criteria to write this exam:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized Indian University in any field.
- An O Level Certified Course from NIELIT.
- A certificate from COPD
- Diploma in either Computer Science or Computer Application.
- A Certificate from Rajasthan in RS-CIT
Best books to cover the Rajasthan VDO syllabus.
The first step towards success when attempting highly competitive and tough examinations is choosing the right books. The right study material and books along with the correct strategies make the exam preparation journey easier for the candidate. The Rajasthan VDO exam has a vast syllabus involving various subjects. The subjects like geography and history majorly cover India with the main focus on Rajasthan only. To look for the detailed syllabus visit BYJU’S.
Here is the list of recommended books for this exam preparation:
|Subjects||Books and Resources|
|Current Affairs||Newspaper and government sites|
|Geography and Natural Resources||DR. BHALLA’S CONTEMPORARY RAJASTHAN|
|History and Culture||Rajasthan – General Knowledge – All About Rajasthan by BhartiDurgani|
|General knowledge||Newspaper and Lucent’s general knowledge book with the latest edition.|
|Panchayati Raj system of Rajasthan||Rajasthan Panchayati Raj Kanoon by Sukhveer Singh Gehlot|
|Hindi and English||
2. Objective general English by S.P Bakshi
|Mathematics and reasoning||
2. Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.
3. A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
|Computer||Computer awareness for general competitive exams by SoumyaRanjanBehera|
Some additional tips for effective preparation of the Rajasthan gram VikasAdhikari(VDO)exam 2021.
- Know the syllabus: Thoroughly reviewing the syllabus allows candidates to know what to study and which subjects to give higher priority.
- Have a timetable: A realistic timetable that can be followed daily, with dedicated hours every single day to cover all the topics.
- Make notes: Handwritten notes while studying help retain the information for a longer period. They also help clear concepts more effectively.
- Focus on high weightage topics: Some subjects have high weightage that is the number of questions asked from that particular subject is higher. Therefore, you should focus more on those topics.
- Multiple revision: Reading fewer topics several times is always a better preparation strategy than reading several topics just once. Revise important topics multiple times before the final examination for retaining and a better understanding of the concepts.
- Give mock tests and solve previous year’s question papers: The preparation is incomplete without solving mock tests. Since this exam is an MCQ-based exam, it should be tackled with proper time management—something that only comes with adequate practice. On a final note, practicing the previous year’s test must not be skipped. Generally, questions get repeated. Rigorous practice will keep stress at bay in the exam. Good luck!
The Rajasthan VDO Exam 2021 is a tough examination, but with the right strategies and study material, one can clear this examination with flying colors. Books are a very significant part of examination preparation.