If you wear glasses on contact lenses to see things clearly, who must wonder about how life would be without them? That’s the dream of each person out there with weak eyes to get rid of those glasses permanently. And why not? After all who wants to look for them each time they wake up. So, if you’re one of them, searching for a permanent solution to get rid of glasses, you must consider LASIK eye surgery.
Well, LASIK is the most preferred and best laser surgery for corrective vision issues. Laser assisted in situ keratomileusis also known as LASIK can be the permanent solution to your contact lenses or glasses. In a person having normal vision, the cornea bends light exactly on the retina at the back of the eye. But in a person having myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism, the light that should go on the retina is bent incorrectly hence resulting in blurred vision. Myopia also known as nearsightedness, occurs when your eyeball is slightly longer than the usual one then light rays focus in the front of retina resulting in blurry vision. In this you can only see objects clearly when they are far away. Farsightedness on the other hand occurs when the cornea is too flat, then the light tends to focus on the back of the retina instead of on it.
Although, LASIK is a great procedure but not everyone is best suited for it. Each human being is different hence there are some complications. Only the ones eligible for LASIK can have this great surgery done. Without wasting any further time, browse it below to know who can be the best lasik eye surgery candidate (know more).
- Should have healthy eyes- Any person appearing for LASIK eye surgery should have healthy eyes. The individual should not have any past injuries or conditions like cataract, glaucoma etc. If you are having any of this, your chances of being a good candidate for LASIK can be reduced.
- Dry eyes – A person having dry eyes is also not considered as a suitable lasik eye surgery candidate. Although some of the doctors may try to cure this issue of dry eye to make that person eligible for the procedure.
- An ideal eye structure matters a lot – Apart from having healthy eyes, a person should also meet certain standards like the structure of the natural eyes. Most of all your pupil size plays a major role in determining whether you are a suitable candidate for LASIK or not. If the structure of your pupil is too large than it should be, then you’ll be at an increased risk of side effects like having problems while driving at night.
- Should be above the age of 21 years- Those candidates who wish to have LASIK should be above the age of 21 years. This is because the vision before this age is not stable. That’s why it’s better to wait till you are 21. Vision of your eye changes a lot during teenage years. So if you’ll get your LASIK eye surgery at this stage you may have less effective or less lasting results.
- Your cornea must have certain thickness required – Most refractive eye surgeries improve your vision by reshaping the front surface or cornea of the eye. Performing surgery on a cornea that is too thin or has a surface that is very irregular can lead to the failure of surgery or one may have side effects. But as the technology has improved so rapidly, you may have your laser vision correction. It may be possible by using a femtosecond laser instead of a microkeratome. This might enable your surgeon to make a thin flap on the cornea and therefore preserve more underlying corneal tissue for the laser treatment.
- Your prescription must remain within certain limits- If a candidate’s prescription is very high may be due to nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism, your surgeon will surely advise you to back off from LASIK procedure for your own good. So if you’re having severe refractive error, you must go for any other type of vision correction surgery.
- Your health matters too- Basically if your body has any trouble in healing due to any reason. You might not go for LASIK. Reason because the outcome of the surgery may go in a negative way. Also if you’re on to some kind of medication you must consult the top eyes specialist in Delhi.
- Have realistic assumptions – There’s no doubt that most of the LASIK surgeries have gone excellent. But you should be fully aware of all the consequences or side effects and potential complications related to LASIK before you choose to undergo the procedure. Only an experienced LASIK surgeon can advise you whether you should go for it or not.