Healthy teeth and beautiful smile should last for a lifetime. Unfortunately, that teeth and smile need a little help sometimes. Thousands of people end up with a missing tooth, which leads to long-term dental issues, discomfort, and embarrassment. Fortunately, there are different types of treatments like dental implants, which help people to get back their gorgeous smile.
Dental implants function like natural teeth and boost your self-confidence. They give a long-term value than the traditional teeth replacement procedures. They help to replace the tooth root and give a solid foundation for eating foods. In fact, there are several other benefits of this dental treatment. Here are a few of them.
1. It helps to prevent bone loss: When you don’t have teeth, the jaw bone decays gradually due to the empty space. If you don’t opt for dental implants within 12 months of losing teeth, then the bone area loses 25% of its volume. If you still decide to postpone it, then the bone loss will continue for several years. It’s just like a house. An empty house deteriorates faster than a packed house. The wooden structure decays fast.
Dentists replace both the root and the teeth in dental implants. You can chew food normally. This gives the much-needed stimulation for normal bone development.
2. It helps you to have the perfect bite: Sliding dentures make it hard to eat foods. But dental implants restore your chewing power and helps you to eat different types of foods without any pain. You can eat Chicken Tandoori with a smile on your face.
3. It helps to restore your facial structure: Loss of teeth leads to the thinning of the jaw. Dental implants help to preserve your bone and jaw. This helps to protect your facial structure. When you have lost your entire teeth, a one-third of your face collapses. Wrinkles are formed around your mouth. Your chin gets closer to your nose. Dental implants protect you against this and repair the damage that has already occurred.
4. It helps you to smile just like before: Dental implants look more natural than a conventional tooth-supported bridge. It is specifically essential for your frontal teeth. A visible tooth defect can ruin your overall appearance. Dental implants help to repair that defect and give you a beautiful smile. It improves your overall appearance.
5. It comes with a lifetime warranty: A dental bridge lasts only for 10 years. But dental implants last a lifetime. It’s non-toxic in nature and integrates with your bone perfectly. With proper care, they can last as long as natural teeth.
6. It’s an easy and convenient option: As the name suggests, removable dentures are temporary and can be removed anytime. You need adhesives to keep them in place. Dental implants eradicate the inconvenience of using adhesives inside your mouth or removing dentures.
7. It gives you a good dental hygiene: In case of a tooth-supported bridge, you have to use a floss threader for proper cleaning. But it’s much easier to clean your implant-supported crown. You can clean it just like your natural teeth. This helps you to maintain a proper dental hygiene.
How long do dental implants take?
It depends on your needs and the condition of your overall dental health. Each patient has a different condition. A good dentist can give you a proper timetable. This particular dental procedure usually takes 1-2 hours to complete but the healing time is almost 3-6 months.
Dental implant procedure – Three Stages
The phase 1 – Evaluation
The phase 2 – Root replacement
The phase 3 – Placement of the crown
Stay away from those dentists who say that dental implants can be done in one day. They are putting you at a risk of implant failure.
The global dental implant market is expected to grow in leaps and bounds due to its huge popularity amongst the patients. It is expected to generate $4.92 billion by the end of 2022. This figure is enough to justify the popularity of dental implants.
Dental implants help to improve the quality of your oral health. It helps to restore your facial structure and improve your smile. If you want to opt for this dental restoration option, then consult an experienced dentist as soon as possible. He can predict if you’re a perfect candidate for dental implants after conducting a few medical tests.