A taboo is a behavior or an activity that is prohibited, forbidden, or otherwise outside of what is considered acceptable in society. There are several Histoires taboues and are grounded in morality and can be linked to religion or culture. In one culture, an action can be taboo, but in the other culture, it may not. There are different types of taboos, and those are common in different societies.
In short, these are the forbidden attitudes and actions that are not encouraged in societies. People who act those things are not admired for it. In some societies, punishments are assigned to those people. Some of the taboos are here.
Examples of common Taboos, beliefs, and activities
It is a fact that if something is associated with taboo, it does not mean that it does not occur. People who engage in taboo behavior typically attempt to do so in secret. You need to learn about those taboos.
- If a woman is terminating her pregnancy, this abortion is taboo in all societies, but people do this.
- Abuse of prescription drugs and the use of drugs is called addiction.
- Adultery is not acceptable in any society and culture. No religion allows sexual intercourse other than your spouse.
- It is not allowed in any society to ask women’s age in any society.
- Bestiality is not acceptable in all cultures because it is inhuman to produce a sexual relationship between humans and animals.
- Prejudice or bigotry is intolerable in all societies.
- No one likes to eat the flesh of another human so that cannabis is taboo.
- No doubt, murders are not acceptable in all societies. It is punished strictly by law.
Every society has a variety of Histoires taboues.
Examples of taboos as per religion and culture
We all know that taboos are associated with culture and religion. Some of them tend to be certain to the particular region, including both developed and developing countries—for instance, no nation like prostitutes and prostitution in their society. There are negative thoughts and views about prostitution in every culture. Religious prostitution, cult prostitution, temple prostitution, sacred prostitution are rites consisting of pain intercourse performed.
We all know that sexual practices beyond matrimonial boundaries are not encourages in any society. It is prohibitive, especially with the religious realm—no culture, religion, or society like these things.
There are different stories related to taboos, and everyone has these stories. Everyone can do some actions associated with taboos like masturbation, prejudice, infidelity, violation, and many more. All these things are, and behaviors leave an impact on their mental health. This practice creates stories and histories. Taboos are forbidden and prohibitive things, actions, and attitudes that are not admired in society. Even if people commit these acts, they will deny them and discourage others from avoiding them.
However, keeping these taboos in your mind and not discussing them with others can create different mental issues. It produces stress and conflicts in one’s personality.