Until recently, Australia is witnessing a shortage of skilled workers amongst its native residents. Taking that factor into consideration the Department of Home Affairs has framed the 494 visa which has of late replaced the visa subclass 187. The primary motive behind the formulation of this particular visa is to put a control to the increasing shortage of skilled workers in Australia and giving a lucrative platform to overseas candidates to work as a skilled worker in Australia for a period of 5 years. If you also want to apply for the visa subclass 494, then you need to be skilled in a particular profession included in the relevant skilled occupation list (RSOL). So, given below is a basic guide about how to apply for the visa subclass 494 and what are some of the steps which you need to follow in order apply for it successfully.
If you also want to apply for the visa 494 successfully, then you need to meet the below given criteria accordingly.
- You need to meet the English language test in the proper and expected way conducted by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
- You must be below 45 years of age
- You must be having a suitable skills assessment for the occupation which you have been chosen for
- You must have chosen an occupation which is included in the regional skilled occupation list
- You must have been selected by a sponsored employer from any possible part of Australia
Remember, that the 494 visa is comprised of three individual streams i.e. the employer sponsored agreement stream, the labour agreement stream as well as the subsequent entrant stream and the eligibility criteria mentioned above are applicable to all these three visa streams back to back.
What are the documents required?
If you want to apply for the visa subclass 494, then you need to submit a few of the necessary documents without a failure. These documents include:
- Documents to prove that you are of a good moral character. Some of these documents include a substantial police certificate applicable to all the eligible countries as well as the required form wherein you need to fill in the following essential details
- Documents that emphasize that you have qualified in the English language test successfully
- Documents proving that you have qualified in the skills assessment test successfully
- A valid document that proves that you have obtained the Australian health insurance certificate successfully
- A valid document that proves that you have a reasonably sound health
- All your personal documents including your valid passport, birth certificate proving your valid date of birth as well as all your necessary health and character documents
- If your family members are applying for the visa subclass 494, then you need to arrange all these documents mentioned above for each of them separately
- All your essential ID proofs including the digital copy of your valid passport as well
- All the essential documents that prove your academic as well as professional qualifications including performance certifications as well as approval to work elsewhere after leaving his/her company. This particular criterion will become effective only if you are not appearing for the skills assessment test
While you are applying for the visa subclass 494, you also need to specify to your concerned immigration department about any of your former marital or de facto relationship or else your visa application will be cancelled or refused.
What the 494 visa allows you to do?
With the visa subclass 494, you can work anywhere in Australia for a specific nominated occupation under a particular sponsored Australian employer. This particular visa allows you to stay in Australia for the next 5 years and you can apply for a permanent residency after staying with this visa in Australia for the first three years. You can include your family members while applying for this particular visa, but each of them has to apply separately as well as need to need live, study and work in Australia in any of its specific designated area.
What is the cost of the visa 494?
When it comes to the cost of the 494 visa, the cost for all the three visa streams i.e. the employer sponsored stream, labour agreement stream as well as subsequent entrant stream is AUD 4,045 and not more than that. However, if some of your family members are accompanying you, then a charge of 1,010 will be applicable for each of them. You also need to know that in case you haven’t appeared for the English language test, you need to pay the amount of the second instalment in the proper and expected way. If you still feel that you have any doubt or query regarding the price of the 494 visa, you can use the tool of the Visa Price Estimator to get a clear idea about it.
Does the 494 visa allow an extension?
As a matter of fact, the visa subclass 494 does not allow any extension period. The only solution to this is to apply for a permanent residency after working in Australia for the next 3 years with this visa. This will allow you to continue staying in Australia for the rest of your life. However, you also need to know that the completion of 3 years has to be from the date on which your 494 visa was being granted.
Who are eligible for the visa 494?
Applicants who are the holder of either the bridging visa A, B, or C can apply for this particular visa. You need to be a skilled worker for a specific occupation included in the Regional Occupation List (ROL) to become eligible for this particular visa.
Get a comprehensive assistance
If you also want to obtain the visa subclass 494 effectively, then the Best Migration Agent Adelaide can help you. Right from collecting all the essential documents on your behalf to that of helping you to choose a suitable occupation, your hired migration agent will help you in every possible way to ensure a smooth and quick visa application for you.